I'm not sure that I'll be able to cope in the exam hall when I have my GCSE's in 2017

Watch
Badges: 4
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Has anyone else felt this way or been able to be placed someone else to sit your exams?
(Original post by JackT2000)
Has anyone else felt this way or been able to be placed someone else to sit your exams?
somewhere else*
Compost
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why don't you think you can cope?
What makes it difficult?
How do you cope in normal internal school exams?
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JackT2000)
You need to talk to your school's SEN (or equivalent) department about this. Alternative arrangements are available but you generally need to have some medically valid reason for doing so. They'll be able to advise you as to what steps you need to take to put the arrangements you need in place.
(Original post by Compost)
Why don't you think you can cope?
When I'm in a exam hall full of people I find it hard to concentrate and don't like being in that environment.
Compost
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd talk to someone about how you can develop strategies to cope with this - to get on in life you generally have to develop ways of managing. The rules on giving people extra rooms have been tightened as more and more students are saying they can't cope in a normal environment and it is hard to get sufficient proof that you have no other alternative. Think about what you could do that would make it easier - either something you can do for yourself (ask other people) or ask if you could be sat at the back/the side/the front/near the door within the main exam hall if one of those works better for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads