Internal Exclusion, Permanent Record - Applying for Sixth Form - VERY WORRIED!

Watch this thread
arnav_202
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there,
I am currently a year 10 student and my grades & behaviour are consistently excellent. I am one of the top attaining students in my year and my teachers say i'm a great student. I have target of A's and A*s in all my subjects and i always work and try my best in all aspects of school life but recently (in the beginning of year 10) i got into a big argument (with many harsh insults) with someone in my class and it was reported to the head of house who says this will most likely result in withdrawal (internal exclusion) and i'm guessing this will go on my permanent record. This is my only internal exclusion. I am looking to apply and enter a grammar school at a-level - sixth form. But i'm scared that this will hinder me and affect me when i apply. If they contact my school will they consider this a reason to prevent me from entering? And when they contact my school will they ask for references or behaviour records or my permanent record? I rarely get detentions; I've only had like 3 over my 3 years at my school. So will this be a deal breaker if i want to enter the sixth form but i have the grades? I'm really worried and some advice will be greatly appreciated
nomophobia
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by arnav2002)
Hi there,
I am currently a year 10 student and my grades & behaviour are consistently excellent. I am one of the top attaining students in my year and my teachers say i'm a great student. I have target of A's and A*s in all my subjects and i always work and try my best in all aspects of school life but recently (in the beginning of year 10) i got into a big argument (with many harsh insults) with someone in my class and it was reported to the head of house who says this will most likely result in withdrawal (internal exclusion) and i'm guessing this will go on my permanent record. This is my only internal exclusion. I am looking to apply and enter a grammar school at a-level - sixth form. But i'm scared that this will hinder me and affect me when i apply. If they contact my school will they consider this a reason to prevent me from entering? And when they contact my school will they ask for references or behaviour records or my permanent record? I rarely get detentions; I've only had like 3 over my 3 years at my school. So will this be a deal breaker if i want to enter the sixth form but i have the grades? I'm really worried and some advice will be greatly appreciated
Chill, it won't go on your permanent record if it's only an internal exclusion. Obviously try not to get an external exclusion though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
arnav_202
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
thanks
K_dotz
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nomophobia)
Chill, it won't go on your permanent record if it's only an internal exclusion. Obviously try not to get an external exclusion though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
actually do external exclusions go on your permanent record
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (54)
18.82%
The paper was reasonable (106)
36.93%
Not feeling great about that exam... (84)
29.27%
It was TERRIBLE (43)
14.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise