The Student Room Group

2 A levels and a BTEC personal statement

when i wrote my first draft of my personal statement i did 3 A levels but have recently changed. my initial personal statement had been read over and was fine however how do i write about doing a btec? i know its not the most amazing qualification so how would i incorporate it into my personal statement well? the btec is applied science and my 2 A levels are biology and psychology if this help.

any help appreciated.
Original post by tomlfc
when i wrote my first draft of my personal statement i did 3 A levels but have recently changed. my initial personal statement had been read over and was fine however how do i write about doing a btec? i know its not the most amazing qualification so how would i incorporate it into my personal statement well? the btec is applied science and my 2 A levels are biology and psychology if this help.

any help appreciated.

what subject are you applying for? In most cases you dont need to go on about what subjects you're currently studying for very long if at all really.
Most Uni (including the 'top' ones) are fine about combos of BTEC and A levels so you don't need to write 'excuses' for doing a BTEC.

BTECs have more practical application within the course than most A levels and this is a major advantage that you need to stress in your PS. Pick out some project work that you did, use this to show your enthusiasm for the subject and demonstrate that you understand that a degree is about much more than just learning 'theory'.

How you do all this does depend on your BTEC subject and your intended Uni subject area, but having a BTEC is not a disadvantage that you need to apologise for!
TBH you don't need to write about your A Levels or BTEC in your PS. As long as your education stuff is up to date then it's fine

Quick Reply

Latest