RE Christianity and Roman Catholism Watch

ePret
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
One of my subjects i have to take for GCSE is a full course of Re, St. Mark's Gospel and Christianity Ethics, and it is compulsory. However, I am not really good at this, as my highest grade is C+, and yet i have tried so hard to revise. I am currently in year 11, and is there any efficient method that you guys have done in order to get a good grade. Everyone in my school are really good at RE except me. Help is needed please. Even a B grade would do fine. Thank you.
BobBobson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Learn some fundamental ideas about theologists and ethisists of the pasts such as Situation Ethics, and Thomas Aquinas' Natural Moral Law. Learn how to say things in a smarter way, including lots of fancy language for ethics that the examiner would like.
ePret
Rep:
?
uhm, i don't think i have to know about thomas aquinas' natural moral law. My syllabus only covers unit2, and unit 5 in the aqa religious studies A. St Mark's Gospel and Christianity Ethics. However, occasionally my unit papers tend to be on Roman Catholism Ethics too. Is there any websides i can study from?

(Original post by BobBobson)
Learn some fundamental ideas about theologists and ethisists of the pasts such as Situation Ethics, and Thomas Aquinas' Natural Moral Law. Learn how to say things in a smarter way, including lots of fancy language for ethics that the examiner would like.
BobBobson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ePret)
uhm, i don't think i have to know about thomas aquinas' natural moral law. My syllabus only covers unit2, and unit 5 in the aqa religious studies A. St Mark's Gospel and Christianity Ethics. However, occasionally my unit papers tend to be on Roman Catholism Ethics too. Is there any websides i can study from?
You don't have to know about it, but if you do know about it, the examiner is going to be impressed and it shows a deeper knowledge. Thomas Aquinas is at the HEART of Roman Catholic ethics
ePret
Rep:
?
Lol thanks. I'll check up on him. BTW ironically, my school is called St.Thomas. XD I've learnt a bit about St.Thomas Aquinas and his laws on a war i think.
BobBobson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ePret)
Lol thanks. I'll check up on him. BTW ironically, my school is called St.Thomas. XD I've learnt a bit about St.Thomas Aquinas and his laws on a war i think.
Yeah, indeed, Aquinas also did a lot on Just War theory. (Another good thing to talk about in Exams)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed