Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My ICT courswork got marked down 2 grades, dropping me about 30 UMS marks, my whole class has had similar results, also my exams (which i thought i nailed) have come out at B and C, (bare in mind i got AA last year with less revision). Anyone else had bad experiences with AQA ICT?

ReputationRep:
    I m totally dissapointed!!!
    I got A in my c/w but i got E in papers both::mad::

I dont know hwo to revise for ICT now I worked so hard & i also thought i will atleast get a C but NO i ended up in E;s

Btw myoverall is D

ReputationRep:
    I had about 10 marks knocked off my coursework, and my result for the June module was less than spectacular compared to January and last year.

The same kind of thing happened to my friend, so there might be something fishy going on.

ReputationRep:
    Well, i had no probs with both pieces of cwrk, full marks in both. As for the exams youve got a point, i resat ICT 1 and improved by 2 marks. As for ICT 5 i got 59, but then again i did not revise for it. Only needed 9 makrs going into it.

ReputationRep:
    I barely got a D in ICT5 but got a B in the coursework and a B in ICT1 retake, lol. Thank god I am now rid of AQA ICT!

ReputationRep:
    R u all on abt A2 ict? lol

I m an As ICT student!!! I will do A2 this year

ReputationRep:
    lol, ICT is ace. who does not enjoy doing 350 odd pages of cwrk . Still its well worth it when you get 240 points just from coursework!!!

ReputationRep:
    I did applied ICT with AQA and i'm also fuming. Last year i did unit 2 c/work, teacher marked it as A but ended up as '53', going down 3 grades. I resat the unit this year and did a lot of work on the work on the old work reading and working out where to gain marks. It comes out that it went DOWN by 5 marks which is impossible. I don't even know how the hell that happened.

Add to this my other 2 coursework got marked down 10 marks each and i missed out on a 'C' by 4 marks.

Anything i can do?

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahaha I beat all of you in the "I did ****" competition

I got an E overall
    My supposedly C grade coursework (I was pissed off with it being a C) got marked down to an E.
    I got a D and an E in the exams.

I'm just laughing. An E is laughable. I cannot believe it.

ReputationRep:
    sorry im a AQA ICT person, not applied. But coursework is all about detail, You did this this and this but why? Does it make the users experience eaiser, does it look nice, is it more efficient etc. Explain why you implemented features in response to the project needs. This sort of thing seems to be where most people slip up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boys-play-rock-and-roll)
    Hahahahahaha I beat all of you in the "I did ****" competition

I got an E overall
    My supposedly C grade coursework (I was pissed off with it being a C) got marked down to an E.
    I got a D and an E in the exams.

I'm just laughing. An E is laughable. I cannot believe it.
    The exams are utter garbage. In both pieces of cwk I've been marked A's, and ended up with B's so not too bad but the exams have always been poorly marked because of crud mark schemes. I scraped a C last year, and a B this year (thank god) and now AQA ICT can get bent! lol. My advice: do not take it!

ReputationRep:
    I got a B - im annoyed as i wanted an A because i had A grade coursework, they ****ed me up i swear because i nailed the exam i thought, may do a resit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amz1)
    I did applied ICT with AQA and i'm also fuming. Last year i did unit 2 c/work, teacher marked it as A but ended up as '53', going down 3 grades. I resat the unit this year and did a lot of work on the work on the old work reading and working out where to gain marks. It comes out that it went DOWN by 5 marks which is impossible. I don't even know how the hell that happened.

Add to this my other 2 coursework got marked down 10 marks each and i missed out on a 'C' by 4 marks.

Anything i can do?
    Any suggestions? Would like a C and i am 4 marks off but i am going to Uni in september.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same thing happened to me. I got a D and a U on the papers, and I got an E on the coursework, despite having a C when it was marked internally. Frankly, I don't really care any more. I spent the best part of two years telling the teacher that his marking was crap, but he wouldn't listen. I'm happy with going to my insurance and all I would now say is that nobody should take that course until they sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    I was estimated an A for ICT6... turned out with a C.. I also got an E for ICT4 (but Jan's C stuck).

These i can kinda accept (tho i did feel the c.w could of been a B), but the most shocking mark was for ICT4 which was a U (which i am complaining about and getting remarked, due to my history with AQA giving me bad marks *refers about when AQA gave me a U for CPT1 and remarked to A*)

ReputationRep:
    just to make me even more bitter about AQA ICT, i came across this :
    http://aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-PROV-6A07-GCE.PDF
    Basically, only 7% of ICT candidates achieved an A, compared to 35% in both French and Maths. AND ICT has the lowest proportion of As out of every subject that AQA offer. This is ridiculous!! Anyone else want to go and demonstrate outside AQA headquarters?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AQA ICT next year...

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I got an A in my coursework and I thought I aced the 2 papers but I got an E on the first and a U on the 2nd paper. Overall I achieved a D. How the ***** is this possible? Every1 from my school got really low grades even tho every1 thought they aced it

ReputationRep:
    Our whole class has been totally screwed over in ICT. A couple may now not get into uni because of it. Total utter disgrace

Ive gone from BC to CD in ICT, ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    im baffled by this aswel ???? :confused: :confused:

My ICT teacher told the class our coursework marks and they were all B's and C's but today on everyones results sheets its E's???

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.