Are my grades good enough for Economics at Nottingham?

Watch this thread
Teenage Hype
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Are my grades good enough?

AS:
A - Maths (C1 98, C2 100, S1 84)
A - Physics (only 74%)
A - Economics (only 79%)

A2:

A - Maths (note, no A*)

Module UMS/100: C1 98, C2 100, S1 84, C3 88, C4 86, M1 86, S2 93, M2 92

Taking Further Maths, Physics, Economics and retaking C3/C4 this year, prdicted 2A* and 2A's. I realise Economics at Nottingham is extremely competitive, I think my personal statement is good, so assuming it is on par with other candidates, will I likely get an offer? I also realise there are many variables, but is it likely?

I have already applied (before 15th Oct).
PrinceAli
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Hello,

I applied for Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Nottingham and I got an offer in 4ish days with AAB at AS level (A in Econ, A in Politics and B in Maths). Your Maths unit percentages are way better than mine (along with that A in maths hot damn) and we have the same economics grade so I'd say there's a very good chance of getting into Economics if you have a decent personal statement.

What do you mean by "only 79%" by the way, are they raw mark percentages?
Teenage Hype
Rep:
(Original post by PrinceAli)
Hello,

I applied for Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Nottingham and I got an offer in 4ish days with AAB at AS level (A in Econ, A in Politics and B in Maths). Your Maths unit percentages are way better than mine (along with that A in maths hot damn) and we have the same economics grade so I'd say there's a very good chance of getting into Economics if you have a decent personal statement.

What do you mean by "only 79%" by the way, are they raw mark percentages?
Raw mark yeah. It's my fifth choice but my friend already has an offer with lower grades than mine, so I'm pretty confused atm. Maybe it was to do with a fee status assessment or something?
Yaboi
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
From what I hear Notts usually let in candidates that get AAB so you should be fine.
Teenage Hype
Rep:
(Original post by Yaboi)
From what I hear Notts usually let in candidates that get AAB so you should be fine.
Even for Economics?

Thanks for clearing that up I've applied to all high risk uni's with Notts being my fifth choice, so I'm glad to hear I will most likely not go into clearing
Yaboi
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Teenage Hype)
Even for Economics?

Thanks for clearing that up I've applied to all high risk uni's with Notts being my fifth choice, so I'm glad to hear I will most likely not go into clearing
Yeh I meant more specifically for Economics, You'll get the usual offer of AAA or w/e it is but as long as you get AAB you'll get in.
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
For four A Levels, the entry requirements for Economics at The University of Nottingham are A*ABB. So, with A*A*AA, I think you're well on your way.
joddcfc
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Sorry to hijack this thread but what chances do you think I stand:

6A*, 4A, 1C at GCSE
4As at AS (Maths, Economics, Geography, History)
3A* predictions (above minus history)
Personal statement includes economics related EPQ, model United Nations and extra reading

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yaboi
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by joddcfc)
Sorry to hijack this thread but what chances do you think I stand:

6A*, 4A, 1C at GCSE
4As at AS (Maths, Economics, Geography, History)
3A* predictions (above minus history)
Personal statement includes economics related EPQ, model United Nations and extra reading

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guaranteed offer.
joddcfc
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Yaboi)
Guaranteed offer.
Great - thanks!
Edsouthern
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm applying this year and have left college and got:
Business A*
Economics A
Maths B

But I'm retaking my maths but i'm kind of hoping Nottingham will give me an unconditional offer.
DogeIsBae
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

I currently have an offer from Nottingham for 2017 entry. Its for Economics L100.
At AS I got 2 As in maths and further maths.
Predicted 3 A*s in maths, further maths and economics, plus an A in physics.

Hope that helps
xxx-ooo-xxx
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
http://university.which.co.uk/search...ics+nottingham 83% of applicants seem to get offers so particularly with your great grades I'd say you're guaranteed an offer, don't worry!
joddcfc
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Also got an offer today at A*AA
Invest
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx)
http://university.which.co.uk/search...ics+nottingham 83% of applicants seem to get offers so particularly with your great grades I'd say you're guaranteed an offer, don't worry!
That is Nottingham Trent not University of Nottingham.
xxx-ooo-xxx
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Invest)
That is Nottingham Trent not University of Nottingham.
Nottingham is under Nottingham Trent, you might want to check again...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
42.63%
The paper was reasonable (219)
43.03%
Not feeling great about that exam... (46)
9.04%
It was TERRIBLE (27)
5.3%

Watched Threads