The Student Room Group

Genetics to Nursing in Scotland

Hi guys, I have just begun studying undergraduate genetics in my third year. I went into it because of reasons that i probably shouldnt have gone into it for. I was always the 'smart' one in my family and they expected me to go into a scientific subject and I wanted to prove to them that i could do it. At uni I dont feel so smart anymore. I did quite well in my first year but with every day I lose more and more focus and i get more depressed with having to study things that dont interest me as much as they should which resulted in awful grades in second year. I get depressed because every day im faced with a dilemma of needing to study but not being passionate about it as much as i should have and deferring studying and the cycle goes on and on. I originally wanted to study nursing. So my question is, whats the best course of action? Should I finish my degree? I know that I could get a 2:1 so is it worth it? Also, is it hard to get into graduate nursing?
Original post by kamkamkam12
Hi

If you're wanting to do nursing I suggest striking out your current degree, do as best as you can and then apply for graduate nursing.
You can apply for undergrad too it's personal choice if you do or not.
Nursing is competitive to get in to, and there's no way of knowing if numbers for nursing applications in the rest of the uk will increase due to the scrapping of the bursary in England.
Do you have any relevant experience to assist in your application to nursing?
If it's honestly something you want to do it will always be worth it!
Although no one ever said it would be easy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest