The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Moving abroad.

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone else had ever been in my situation. Basically, my partner is from Spain, and we're thinking of making the jump over, however, I'm enrolled on an Open Uni degree. So I was wondering, if we move to Spain, will I be able to continue on my degree to completion?
To my knowledge, it depends on your degree and requisite modules, if they're offered internationally. (I think most are, but probably not ones with mandatory residential schools.) You need to schedule exams in approved exam centres, and pay an additional fee (or schedule it back in the UK).

You can check out the information on openuniversity.com, but don't put a UK location in as your country, or it will redirect you back to open.ac.uk. If you've already done that, you'll have to clear cookies to be able to choose Spain. Once you've selected Spain as your home country, you can check out courses and modules here.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Reply 2
i moved to Italy towards the end of my 2nd year with the OU and continued my course as usual, obviously i couldn't attend the tutorials so had phone conversations with my tutor instead (but i think that depends how helpful your tutor is), i arranged to take my exam in Italy and didn't have to pay anything extra

Quick Reply