Turn on thread page Beta

Well I haven't been on yet today before now, shock horror, and I'm about to leave for a few more hours; so I thought I would just explain why because you'll all be wondering where I am, I'm sure.

I'm about to go and visit my mum, which I'm quite nervous about because I never know what she'll be like, hopefully she'll be doing alright, over the phone she hasn't seemed very well though - but I've decided to drop in anyway and give her a CD thats been lying around for ages that belongs to her.

Don't really know why I created this thread, just so I don't get UKL withdrawal symptons, so toodles for a while people - I'll give you the update on how she's doing when i get back.

ReputationRep:
    I hope it goes okay see you soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Well I haven't been on yet today before now, shock horror, and I'm about to leave for a few more hours; so I thought I would just explain why because you'll all be wondering where I am, I'm sure.

I'm about to go and visit my mum, which I'm quite nervous about because I never know what she'll be like, hopefully she'll be doing alright, over the phone she hasn't seemed very well though - but I've decided to drop in anyway and give her a CD thats been lying around for ages that belongs to her.

Don't really know why I created this thread, just so I don't get UKL withdrawal symptons, so toodles for a while people - I'll give you the update on how she's doing when i get back.
    *crosses middle finger of right hand over index finger of right hand*

ReputationRep:

Hope it goes ok

ReputationRep:
    :eek: What CD Ben?

Hope shes ok

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was wondering where Ben was...
    Well, I hope all goes well between u and ur mom...
    Missed u today

ReputationRep:
    Awwww hope it all goes well! She is your mother after all - I'm sure the visit will go great.

ReputationRep:
    Hope everything goes ok Ben, thinking of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Is he visiting his mother in hospital or something, or does he not live with his mother?
    I think he lives with his dad and step mom...

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I've missed the boat with the "hope it goes okay"s, so I hope it went okay

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, and good luck Ben - Hope the visit goes well.

(Original post by Invisible)
    Is he visiting his mother in hospital or something, or does he not live with his mother?
    Well she doesn't live with me and i actually have a restraining order against her, plus she has one from our house, but we don't keep to that because i still like seeing her sometimes.

She was going to go to prison but because she's mentally ill they decided not to blame her for her actions and instead sent her to a mental hospital, but she's still at home right now so i went to her flat.

I'm back, btw, i'm undecided as to whether or not i should share what happened with you all, it may come across as attention seeking.

ReputationRep:
    Well she doesn't live with me and i actually have a restraining order against her, plus she has one from our house, but we don't keep to that because i still like seeing her sometimes.

She was going to go to prison but because she's mentally ill they decided not to blame her for her actions and instead sent her to a mental hospital, but she's still at home right now so i went to her flat.

I'm back, btw, i'm undecided as to whether or not i should share what happened with you all, it may come across as attention seeking.
    Go on

ReputationRep:

Aww Ben mate thats a shame. I hope shes getting all the help thats available. Take it easy

ReputationRep:
    Not at all; if you feel like it, go for it

(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Aww Ben mate thats a shame. I hope shes getting all the help thats available. Take it easy
    She has tablets, i call them her anti-madness pills, and she has about 3 different kinds but has decided she only like one kind and takes all of them too soon and leaves the rest, and John who she lives with takes those although he doesn't need them.

She was also drinking and getting high which she isn't meant to be doing, and she kept singing, but besides all of that she was generally alright.

ReputationRep:
    she was generally alright.
    What about you, how are you?

ReputationRep:
    She has tablets, i call them her anti-madness pills, and she has about 3 different kinds but has decided she only like one kind and takes all of them too soon and leaves the rest, and John who she lives with takes those although he doesn't need them.

She was also drinking and getting high which she isn't meant to be doing, and she kept singing, but besides all of that she was generally alright.
    Thats not good Ben. Is there no care professionals that visit. I have worked with people who have mental illness and can be hard to people with it . You Mum shouldn't be doing what shes doing. And John isn't really helping.

ReputationRep:
    Hey welcome back Monkey friend...
    Hope all went well...Missed u very much today (noone could make me laugh!!! :rolleyes: )...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Thats not good Ben. Is there no care professionals that visit. I have worked with people who have mental illness and can be hard to people with it . You Mum shouldn't be doing what shes doing. And John isn't really helping.
    I agree!...Also, ben, if u want to talk abt today, go for it...if it'll make u feel better...we know u aren't an attention seeker!

(Hey What the 411?...didn't get a chance to say Hi to you yet my friend)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.