The Student Room Group

What did you get for GCSE maths compared to what you got for a level maths?

What grade did you get for GCSE maths and a level maths?
Curious:u:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A*, A*.
GCSE - B
A Level - C or D, can't remember
I'm sorry if this isn't the right thread to ask in but I want to self teach edexcel maths because I wasn't confident to take it at alevel plus I had other subjects I wanted to do
I don't think I can study for it in 2 years which is also why I want to self teach but I was hoping if anyone could tell me what the best bit to start with is
I got a grade A in maths so will I be able to cope it?
Thanks
Original post by alow
A*, A*.

Still at the top obviously lol.
Reply 5
GCSE - A*
AS - A
A2 - A* (predicted)
Gcse-b
as-e
😭😭😭😭
A,A

Original post by Starlight2000
I'm sorry if this isn't the right thread to ask in but I want to self teach edexcel maths because I wasn't confident to take it at alevel plus I had other subjects I wanted to do
I don't think I can study for it in 2 years which is also why I want to self teach but I was hoping if anyone could tell me what the best bit to start with is
I got a grade A in maths so will I be able to cope it?
Thanks

You will be able to cope with it if you put the work in, C1 starts with A* GCSE topics and a bit more.
GCSE - U (Mitigating circumstances, resat while circumstances were still ongoing and got a borderline C grade). A Level - I got a mid-grade A. Bear in mind that I sat my GCSEs nearly 15 years ago, so that explains the low entry boundary for AS Level Maths. It took some serious hard work though - I was in the library practically every night! :eek:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
GCSE: A*
AS: A
A2 Pred: A*
GCSE Maths: A
GCSE FM: A
A2: Predicted A* (not sure about that atm, aiming for an A :erm:)
GCSE: A,A (Linked pair)
A-Level: A* (M), A (FM)

I originally wanted to go into medicine, so at GCSE, never put the time in to maths and cared more about biology. Then, I realised my interests lay in maths, so here I am, doing maths at Warwick... Weird how things change!
Reply 12
GCSE Maths: A
AS Maths: A
AS Further Maths: B
Prediction A2 Maths: A*
Prediction Further Maths: B

To be honest it's not about what you got in GCSE but how much work u put in
GCSE - B first try, tried to resit to get an A but got a C instead.
A level - A ( 3 ums off an A*) DAMN YOU C4 GRADE BOUNDARIES!!.
Original post by NotNotBatman
A,A

You will be able to cope with it if you put the work in, C1 starts with A* GCSE topics and a bit more.

Thanks!
I used to hate maths but started liking once my grades started to improve lot and now that I don't do maths anymore (I know this kinda sounds weird and extreme) I kinda miss it
Plus I know that I'd be glad if I did get an a level in it
So thanks a lot
GCSE Maths: A*
GCSE FM: A^
AS Maths/FM: AA
A Level Predictions: A*A*
Gcse Maths -A*
As Maths - A
As F.maths - B ( extenuating circumstances + retaking some modules so hopefully A)
A2 Maths prediction - A*
A2 F.maths prediction - A/A*
gcse: A* FM: A*
Predicted A2 :A*
Original post by Casdijsvmdugjoir
GCSE - B first try, tried to resit to get an A but got a C instead.
A level - A ( 3 ums off an A*) DAMN YOU C4 GRADE BOUNDARIES!!.

Wow congrats, could you tell us how you did it? How you revised , how many past papers you did etc
Original post by alow
A*, A*.

Wow!!! Any advice how to get an A* at a level (I got an A at gcse)? Thanks!x:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest