The Student Room Group

Funding studies in Netherlands

Hi guys,
I'm currently planning on studying in the Netherlands for a full 3 year BSc in Economics and Business Economics at Groningen.
I know that I can get financial backing from the Holland Government for my tuition fees, however I am currently having a dilemma as to how I will fund the cost of living there(housing, textbooks etc). If any past/current students at Groningen would be willing to share how they funded their stay in Holland it would be most appreciated.
Thanks
I'm in the same situation as you but different uni (Amsterdam all the wayy) and what a lot of people do is either work part time (even though it isn't recommended), get your parents to fund you or get a job beforehand and maybe go a year later than usual.
Original post by andersom089
Hi guys,
I'm currently planning on studying in the Netherlands for a full 3 year BSc in Economics and Business Economics at Groningen.
I know that I can get financial backing from the Holland Government for my tuition fees, however I am currently having a dilemma as to how I will fund the cost of living there(housing, textbooks etc). If any past/current students at Groningen would be willing to share how they funded their stay in Holland it would be most appreciated.
Thanks

Well, I'm not a student... Yet. I'm also applying to Groningen and two other schools there. I'm actually in the process of getting a on. I've applied to a few in my own country and trying to schedule an interview. I suggest getting a job before you start school to have money saved up. When you get to the Netherlands you can work too. I believe if you work 54 hours in a month you can get money from the government to help fund your studies.
I'm in my second year of uni in the UK. I am planning on studying my masters in the Netherlands in 1.5 years time (Brexit pending). I'd love to live there after I have done my masters - I think it's an amazing country.

The pound is 15% weaker than it was therefore if the currencies stay like that, everything will be 15% more expensive so I have been concentrating on saving up over the last few months. I am currently doing matched betting which is really lucrative in the short term. I went to the Netherlands for 2 months over the summer and continued matched betting with a UK VPN. I use my student finance for everyday living while studying at university, and save everything I earn from matched betting for when I graduate and eventually move to the Netherlands.

I am reluctant do get a 'real' job while at university because I think it will hold back my grades, and I want to take advantage of some volunteering opportunities too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending