Watch
chatblanc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm not even kidding. My schedule goes something like this:

-Wake up at 6.30am
-School until 3pm, between 1 to 3 study periods every week.
-Study from 4 to 6. Study from 8 to 11

People keep saying this will be worth it, but I'm getting 40-50 marks on some test papers, which are marks that I've never gotten in my life. I feel like I need some balance, but I'm not sure how to achieve it while maintaining my predicted grades; A*A*AA.

H e l p ;-;
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chatblanc)
I'm not even kidding. My schedule goes something like this:

-Wake up at 6.30am
-School until 3pm, between 1 to 3 study periods every week.
-Study from 4 to 6. Study from 8 to 11

People keep saying this will be worth it, but I'm getting 40-50 marks on some test papers, which are marks that I've never gotten in my life. I feel like I need some balance, but I'm not sure how to achieve it while maintaining my predicted grades; A*A*AA.

H e l p ;-;
If you study during your study periods, you could try cutting a few hours out in your evenings. That does sound quite exhausting. If it's too much for you right now, it'll be really hard to maintain. You need something that you can maintain. Try reducing it a bit and see how it goes. You might find you're still doing well
SteamboatMickey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sometimes when I feel burnt out, I take a few days to relax and I don't work hard or at all. I'm predicted A*A*A*A* and I too have to sacrifice a lot, it's very exhausting, but we are human beings and we need to let our brains cool down every so often.
chatblanc
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
If you study during your study periods, you could try cutting a few hours out in your evenings. That does sound quite exhausting. If it's too much for you right now, it'll be really hard to maintain. You need something that you can maintain. Try reducing it a bit and see how it goes. You might find you're still doing well
Not sure how comfortable I am with reducing workload at this point, but I'll give it a try and see how it goes xp Thanks for the tip.
chatblanc
Rep:
?
(Original post by SteamboatMickey)
Sometimes when I feel burnt out, I take a few days to relax and I don't work hard or at all. I'm predicted A*A*A*A* and I too have to sacrifice a lot, it's very exhausting, but we are human beings and we need to let our brains cool down every so often.
Not all of us have the same IQ ;A;
Haha, I used to just slack until the pressure hit during AS; I slipped and did really bad for one particular subject. I guess I'm trying to compensate for it this year. Thanks for letting me know about your experience though (: Makes me feel like I'm not going crazy...alone, lol.
JoshDawg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd advise cutting workload. In my opinion there comes a point when you revise so much that your brain just stops taking any of it in. You need to be refreshed, awake and willing to learn this, but if you're really dreading studying and it's such a huge workload you put on yourself, it won't be as beneficial.

If I were a doctor I'd prescribe more free time.
chatblanc
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshDawg)
I'd advise cutting workload. In my opinion there comes a point when you revise so much that your brain just stops taking any of it in. You need to be refreshed, awake and willing to learn this, but if you're really dreading studying and it's such a huge workload you put on yourself, it won't be as beneficial.

If I were a doctor I'd prescribe more free time.
Thanks for the advice! I'm trying it out today, but I can't help checking the time every 2 minutes x'D
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (296)
55.95%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.05%

Watched Threads