Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks love, will try to do that tomorrow ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Varecia I don't care, you know sometimes you promise things and don't mean them - well I mean this. We WILL be friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Haha

Anyways, really now, painting your walls so OTT, you aren't gonna be spending that much time in your room, unless you're as fussy with people as you are with accomodation

When I was staying in a friends room for a weekend, the door was generally shut, people knocked or came in without knocking a lot though
    How can someone come in without KNOCKING!? Dont' these rooms have LOCKS and normal house-likelatches on them!?? Please tell me they're secure

ReputationRep:
    Unknownfluency it was funny at first...but come on. :p:

ReputationRep:
    No really.. when I went to visit loughborough they had those locks on the doors that you have on your front door.. you put the key in and turn it and it'll open. and when your'e inside you just turn the lil notch and it opens, and noone can come in unless you open it and put the latch on so it remains open. what are they like for UCL, and Astor in particular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Varecia I don't care, you know sometimes you promise things and don't mean them - well I mean this. We WILL be friends.
    Cos I'm German, hehe? Wow, my nationality pays dividends for the first time (if you exclude all the fun I get out of taking the mick of being German) lol Sentiment is appreciated :-)

Unless you mean we = UCL medics? That goes without saying, mein Freund

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownFluency)
    How can someone come in without KNOCKING!? Dont' these rooms have LOCKS and normal house-likelatches on them!?? Please tell me they're secure
    In the student halls I lived in a few years ago, people left their door open when they didn't mind company, and kept it shut when they wanted to sleep/work/have privacy. Long as you train your flatmates/corridor folk that that's your code, they should not barge into your room unbidden.

And most will probably knock anyways before coming in? Being an alpha-male helps - works for some ;-)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I still need pics of Astor ^_^ from anyone who has any.

ReputationRep:
    There are 250 places in carpeted rooms with washbasins and each room has its own refrigerator.

ReputationRep:
    [never mind]

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks, i still really really really dont want to be in astor, i think i'll phone the accom office later and ask if swapping is an option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownFluency)
    You're an idiot, I think I'll join Dann and throw rocks at your window

ReputationRep:
    Varecia, beiden eignetlich. Besonders weil du Deutsche bist.

ReputationRep:
    I got Campbell House West, shared, but less than £80 a week! I guess now I can afford to eat! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ejf)
    Got my accomodation offer today...Shared at John Tovell...not sure about sharing, but seems nice (and cheap) enough, having said that it'll probably be haunted or something like that...
    Oh excellent me too Which subject will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    I got Astor, single room.
    My main worry was getting a single room, so I'm relieved there. and I definitely wanted self catered.
    I was hoping for a gower street place also but alas.. Astor is cheaper, i got the single self catered room I wanted, it's close to UCL and not far from everything else either.
    As long as it's liveable I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    What accomodation is on gower street? Is is Arthur Tattershall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    I got Canterbury Hall. One of those rare breed who wanted Intecollegiate :rolleyes:

Chuffed
    im in commonwealth, howdy neighbour.

rarities rock. =]

actually....is ANYONE else in commonwealth??

xxx

ReputationRep:
    hey squishy i'm in commonwealth as well, do you know anything about the place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simmy)
    hey squishy i'm in commonwealth as well, do you know anything about the place?
    aha thank goodness! i think its just the two of us with the entire place to ourselves. umm its nice, from the outside, ive walked past and stuff, i dunno how good the facilities and stuff are though... im gonna take another walk past tomorrow lol. you sharing or single?
    xxxx

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.