Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    err, a glimpse yeah. They just have a keyhole like any normal door, I assume they will have a latch mechanism inside but I did not go inside any room or see an open door to check. I'm pretty sure they are secure enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownFluency)
    Hey Salain, did you happen to get a glimpse of what the locks were like on the doors for students?
    Looks like someone is scared of getting caught choking the bishop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salain)
    Haha not just for that, no! was having a day out somewhere with my mum anyway as I had no plans for today, we hadn't decided where to..! then my accommodation stuff came yesterday morning, so I decided it might be an idea to go down for the day and have a look around the area (and shop). only cost me (well, my mum :P) £9.90 return, and 1.5 hours on the train so it's not that much of an effort!
    That's so cheap :eek: ...it costs me a tenner and i live much closer.

(Original post by unknownFluency)
    Hey Salain, did you happen to get a glimpse of what the locks were like on the doors for students?
    You live in London why don't you just go have a look for yourself.

(Original post by teif)
    LOL :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I go there too much, find it boring sometimes, my schedule is cramped for the next week or two, or three, and I can't be arsed to travel all the way to London to look at my ****-hole-to-be =)

ReputationRep:
    There's some sort of special offer, if you travel after 10am and return the same day from london after 8pm, called Just-15 (as in £15) that you can get from the midlands area. So along with my student railcard... cheap!

lol @ choking the bishop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teif)
    I'm not being funny, but how do you find sexual gratification in a shared room, flying solo or otherwise...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Buy a couple of blindfolds. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    I'm not being funny, but how do you find sexual gratification in a shared room, flying solo or otherwise...:confused:
    You're gonna need to sort out some sort of system with your roomate, eg neckties on door handles etc, you don't wanna walk into your mate pleasuring his ladyfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    You're gonna need to sort out some sort of system with your roomate, eg neckties on door handles etc, you don't wanna walk into your mate pleasuring his ladyfriend
    Or even worse, himself.:eek:

We're just going to have to be sensible about these things.
    Apparantly, it's fairly likely that either you or your gf/bf will have a room available for you to go and get busy in. Either one of you will have a single or one of your shared rooms will be empty. If not....well...you'll just have to use your imagination...

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to rinse the **** outta Astor's electricity supply, weee aircon baby .. . . im thinkin out loud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    You organise a rota;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Still no pictures of Astor

ReputationRep:
    I replied to a thread you made about it with a link to some pictures on flickr

I replied to my accommodation letter by sending cheque in the post on recorded delivery, how do I know when they have received it. Do the send us a letter back or anything or should I call up in a few days.

ReputationRep:
    astors showers ARE AWWWWWWWWWWFFFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and three toilets AND showers in THE SAME ROOM
    *cries*

ReputationRep:
    are you serious?!?! i just posted my stuff, eeek.. is there any privacy in the bathroom? and if so, how much exactly.. can people see u shower? =|

ReputationRep:
    did u manage to get a picture of it at all?

ReputationRep:
    nope just first hand experience lol

some "baths" are rusted to the max and thus not useable. There are two shower-toilet rooms, one for gals n one for boys

its like 35 ppl in one floor so we share the three toilets with 17 other boys...
    and its like public toilets, toilets which are separated by a THIN board. Just opposite are the showers but they have doors so thats bearable

ReputationRep:
    So in Astor are the rooms not arranged in flats? I thought they were, I'd pictured rooms around a kitchen/living area, but I'm thinking it's corridoors from how you've described it? I really want to be in a flat hmmm. I can see myself putting my name on the swap list as soon as I get there.

ReputationRep:
    ^likewise... astor's popular though, as far as soialising goes, but the thing about "some "baths" are rusted to the max and thus not useable." really worries me... really!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.