Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yups
    some positives are the two squash courts! snooker room! basketball/badminton courts, large rooms, personal fridges, 17 girls on a floor, cheap laundry, excellent location with two tescos located within 5 mins

if you can bear the toilet facilities, its quite excellent

and btw, yes very LONG parrallel corridors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prempcd)
    some positives are the two squash courts! snooker room! basketball/badminton courts, large rooms, personal fridges, 17 girls on a floor, cheap laundry, excellent location with two tescos located within 5 mins

Hahaha, you got your priorities right

ReputationRep:
    the positives sounds good.. but the toilet! well.. anyone from schafer wans to swap for single, female at astor?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I don't usually post on here but i just got my accomodation offer through, single room at Frances Gardner so im pretty chuffed . Does anyone have any pictures of it or know what its like? I'm thinking of going up to london and taking a look but do they usually let you in to look at the halls?

ReputationRep:
    you can probs get in security's not that great out of term otherwise just ask the front desk frances gardner is ok it's connected to some other halls (james lighthill?) but it's full of post-grads so social life is pretty much zilch

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i got astor college as well - a single room, yeah!
    it's exactly what i wanted - pretty cheap, good location and a SINGLE room!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    you can probs get in security's not that great out of term otherwise just ask the front desk frances gardner is ok it's connected to some other halls (james lighthill?) but it's full of post-grads so social life is pretty much zilch
    Oh dear thats worried me a bit now, i wanted a good social life lol .I rang Frances Gardner up though and the man i spoke to said it was mainly undergraduates, and that most of the post-grads are in Langton Close which is right next to it. Anybody else staying at Frances Gardner? or anyone got any pictures or info? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siany_1989)
    Oh dear thats worried me a bit now, i wanted a good social life lol .I rang Frances Gardner up though and the man i spoke to said it was mainly undergraduates, and that most of the post-grads are in Langton Close which is right next to it. Anybody else staying at Frances Gardner? or anyone got any pictures or info? x
    I'll be at Frances Gardner! I posted links to some pictures I found in this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=443313

ReputationRep:
    Yay i have a fellow Frances Gardner buddy haha thanks for the help, are you moving on the saturday? x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siany_1989)
    Yay i have a fellow Frances Gardner buddy haha thanks for the help, are you moving on the saturday? x x
    Yeah! I think most of the FG people died of shock when they found out how much they'll be paying! Seriously, where is everyone!?

Yup, I'm moving in on the Saturday, I think my train gets to Kings Cross around noon, so I should be there soon after.

ReputationRep:
    just been to astor college. it really does look a bit like a prison, but i guess all student houses look like that.

i took a couple of pics of the corridors, n kitchen. the kitchen is really tiny, with seperate shelves for each student. outside the kitchen is a small space which i think is meant to be the dining room as it has a table n a couple of chairs.

im attaching the pics here. sorry i dont have more. i didnt get to see the bathrooms n stuff.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Arthur Tattersall doesn't look like a prison. Arthur Tattersall is lovely

ReputationRep:
    no!!! lol.. the picture of the toilet is the most important no? ... well ok i guess i heard from some seniors it's not THAT bad!

ReputationRep:
    ne of u guys got the invoice yet? u kno we gotta pay it within the first two weeks of term

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.