This discussion is closed.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
Not sure about you guys, but until this day I know nobody that has solely been happy due to having good grades or good achievements in sport etc - I think happiness stems from the people around you and your enviornment; importantly, family, friends etc.

I consider academic success, sport, etc as add ons.
I agree totally. I used to be really good academically, have an ok social life and be reasonable at several sports. Then I let the academic slide but have a a better social life (maybe because I can get in pubs/clubs now :cool: ) and steadily improved at sports. To demonstrate, at my school we used to have achievement awards to point out excellence in various areas throughtout the year...
Year 7: Maths (double award), French, Science (double award), Geography, History
Year 11: P.E. (double award), Sporting Achievement (double award)

That's not to say I don't think you can have it all, it's just better to get a decent balance and therefore keeping your options open. Luckily I'm on target for good AS grades (hopefully) and still get to play sport to as high a level as I can without it invading on my social life...Work hard, play hard I say.
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
its very much possible , not for me though .. all im good at is academics and music . i suck at sports and have no social life ...

but ppl do it , i knew at least 3 guys and girls who had eveything . i would have a better social life , but i hate society . I jus dont trust n e one n e more except mayb 2 ppl .
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
its very much possible , not for me though .. all im good at is academics and music . i suck at sports and have no social life ...

but ppl do it , i knew at least 3 guys and girls who had eveything . i would have a better social life , but i hate society . I jus dont trust n e one n e more except mayb 2 ppl .
Do you know they have everything? Do you know for a fact? I've never meant anyone who really had everything.
Lithium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daibhidh)
Do you believe this is possible and do you know anyone that has managed to do a similar plan?

The 'Excel in Everything' plan is the ultimate lifestyle regime... in which you do your best in everything.

I mean: the highest academic standards in tests and homework in school;the best social life you can possibly live; high levels of fitness and achievement in sport and the list goes on, but you understand the idea. Yes?

I may take up this task but what are your opinions on this.

Im sure in ur World it would...... :rolleyes:
paymaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Surely it boils down to being happy - if you're happy with what you've got, then you must have everything (at least everything you want).
KerChing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daibhidh)
Do you believe this is possible and do you know anyone that has managed to do a similar plan?

The 'Excel in Everything' plan is the ultimate lifestyle regime... in which you do your best in everything.

I mean: the highest academic standards in tests and homework in school;the best social life you can possibly live; high levels of fitness and achievement in sport and the list goes on, but you understand the idea. Yes?

I may take up this task but what are your opinions on this.
im up for it at the moment, still need a gf and achievements in sport tho, but uni's coming along so it should be all good.. certainly beats sitting around watching eastenders tho, which incidentally is VERY CRAP now :eek:
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yep. Sounds like something I go for.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (99)
53.8%
Yes, but I want to swap them (14)
7.61%
No, but I know who I want to choose (18)
9.78%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (46)
25%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (7)
3.8%

Watched Threads