Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I screwed up in my AS exams seriously! I was hoping for top grades to some extent but got 2 ok results and then 2c's, so the two acceptable grades are diminished by the c's, I got a c in geography because I didn't revise at all.
    In English we do two papers and coursework - the coursework I achieved a B in, the drama and poetry paper I achieved an A in, In the Shakespeare paper I got like 9/30 which is no grade!! So I need to repeat geography and the Shakespeare paper... I am keeping on english literature but dropping geography. So this year for upper sixth I am doing RE, ICT, and english literature. Is it realistic for me to resit 2 of the RE papers, 1 english paper,and 3geography papers in January or would this be two ambitious?

Who did AS resits this year? How much do they cost?Did your grades improve much? How many did you do?

I need AAB and possibly another B not cashed in (jUST as an AS level) for the prestigieous (sp) teaching course I have my heart set on. When we apply for the courses in September or whenever we apply, do the universities take into consideration that the people applying are going to do resits? Otherwise I will not even get a conditional offer!! HELP!!! I spent the morning crying at my hot RE teacher hence I am mortified!!!

Can anyone give me tips for preparing for Resits whilst still coping with the current demands that each of the subjects throw at me? xox

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    How can C only be an ok grade :confused: I would have gave anything to have got that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    How can C only be an ok grade :confused: I would have gave anything to have got that.
    i agree with rockfan...
    your moaning about nothing... a C grade is fine at AS... its next year that you want to work your butt off for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anteguardian)
    i agree with rockfan...
    your moaning about nothing... a C grade is fine at AS... its next year that you want to work your butt off for...
    In my school 4A's is orthodox, anything below that is looked upon as nothing so the teachers give you dirty looks hence I need to resit most to achieve it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janice)
    Hey, just to make you feel better, I went from a C to an A in Economics, by doing one re-sit, so it IS possible! I got a D in unit 3, but in the resit got 111/120! The A2 went well too (surprisingly) but it's definitely possible to go up at least a grade at A2. I went from a B to an A in English with one resit too. Resits are really under rated. You will do much better in resits because you go over AS stuff at A2 and your knowledge will be more in-depth so when you write your answers, you will be much more at an advantage compared to people who are doing the AS for the first time.
    Economics was my worst subject at AS aswell. :p:
    Seriously? Lol.. I reckon by the looks of it you are really intelligent! All the teachers told me how it is important to geta top grade at AS level because the second year is so much harder and usually it pulls it down. Plus it is so amazing that you got nearly full marks in your resit because the resits are always harder!!! well done! Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! xox

ReputationRep:
    Well I three U grades, would I be able to re-sit mine since I no longer go the sixth form?

If not, then what can I do?

ReputationRep:
    I did a re sit in AQA English Language and Literature unit 1 this June, after E in January. Result? A. The best thing is, the school paid for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anteguardian)
    i agree with rockfan...
    i agree
    i would have killed for a C.i got a U in chem

..my own fault

neway- work really hard for a2-and you can pull ur grade up or re sit whatevr you have to

ReputationRep:
    got three Us and one C in my AS any hope for a resit? didn't work my ass off or something but i was predicted a B,B,B,A from mocks and past papers, exam came and i totally blacked-out. Felt i would at least get straight Cs but nothing less than a D.

Looks like ive got to resit a whole year for AS, but wondering if there was another way out?

any1 know of some1 that got a U U U U? cos... can't see any1 gettin lower than U U U C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex_26797)
    I screwed up in my AS exams seriously! I was hoping for top grades to some extent but got 2 ok results and then 2c's, so the two acceptable grades are diminished by the c's, I got a c in geography because I didn't revise at all.
    In English we do two papers and coursework - the coursework I achieved a B in, the drama and poetry paper I achieved an A in, In the Shakespeare paper I got like 9/30 which is no grade!! So I need to repeat geography and the Shakespeare paper... I am keeping on english literature but dropping geography. So this year for upper sixth I am doing RE, ICT, and english literature. Is it realistic for me to resit 2 of the RE papers, 1 english paper,and 3geography papers in January or would this be two ambitious?

Who did AS resits this year? How much do they cost?Did your grades improve much? How many did you do?

I need AAB and possibly another B not cashed in (jUST as an AS level) for the prestigieous (sp) teaching course I have my heart set on. When we apply for the courses in September or whenever we apply, do the universities take into consideration that the people applying are going to do resits? Otherwise I will not even get a conditional offer!! HELP!!! I spent the morning crying at my hot RE teacher hence I am mortified!!!

Can anyone give me tips for preparing for Resits whilst still coping with the current demands that each of the subjects throw at me? xox

Thanks!
    I think you can do it if you are willing to work super hard.

I'm in a similar position, needing AAB for a course and uni I have set my heart on

I got
    AAE = C (2 off a B ) for history so will resit the E to get an A overall.
    AAC = B for Politics - resit C for a high A
    UUU for Chemistry - Resit all 3 for an A

Also my AS psychology I got ABB - 1 mark off an A so i will resit my low B for an A overall (just to AS)

So that is 6 lol all in January.

We will have a fun Christmas...not :rolleyes:

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.