Turn on thread page Beta

Is this a healthy diet? watch

ReputationRep:
    So I want to start eating like this. I found this diet.

An ideal grocery list:
    Vegan plant protein powder + almond milk
    Perfect bars
    Hummus and carrots
    Avocado
    Apples + almond butter
    Raw cashews or a raw trail mix
    Kale chips

Breakfast ideas:
    “Yogurt with fruit or almond butter mixed in, scrambled eggs with kale or spinach. There’s plenty of alternatives! A yummy smoothie shake is my favorite. You just gotta play with what your body likes the best”

A typical diet:
    “…my diet consists of no bread, no fast food, no red meat, and I try to stay off sugar (besides from fruit) as much as I can. & no alcohol. I eat everything besides that! Mostly everything I eat is organic, raw good food”

Health Tips:
    -Always have a full glass of water before a meal
    -Have dinner before 7 and don’t eat after that (aka no late night snacking)
    -Honey and lemon mixed in hot water before breakfast is amazing for the digestive system. Some times I do those ridiculously intense lemon cayenne shots eeek.
    -No fruit after lunch (unless it’s papaya or apples) “Fruit has a lot of sugar in it. It helps to cut the sugar intake once the afternoon hits, but I still eat papayas because they’re insanely good for your digestive system and apples never effected my body to bad so I let myself have one or two as a snack.”
    -Vegetablessss all day everyday!!
    -Water water water!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    sounds tragic tbh
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    I do eat meat though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I do eat meat though
    Why would you restrict yourself to this vegan diet

ReputationRep:
    Define healthy. Seems like quite an expensive diet, as well as highly restrictive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Why would you restrict yourself to this vegan horsesh*t.
    It's not a vegan diet. Scrambled eggs and milk(not vegan) is on the list. I want to eat more healthy.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a vegan diet. Scrambled eggs and milk(not vegan) is on the list. I want to eat more healthy.
    The only advice I'll give you on eating healthier is to not pay attention to these restricting and expensive trendy diets stripped off of some other chicks twitter feed.

If you cook from scratch eating healthy is a breeze: clean fresh meats, a variety of vegetables, and a reasonable amount of carbohydrates. Learn some simple recipes.

Carrot sticks and humus? I mean come on, who reads that and thinks "wow! what a great meal idea" !?

ReputationRep:
    There are waaayyy easier ways to eat healthy that involve much less suffering
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No. it's a boring diet.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not healthy because frankly you will personally hate it due to the bland flavours and lack of variety.

Eat a normal diet in moderation and all will be well. Stupid diets never make you lose weight in the long run, because you go back to eating what you like (like any normal person would after eating 'health foods').

Eating a normal balanced diet with small portions is the way to do it.

ReputationRep:
    the structure... it's all too much!

ReputationRep:
    Just eat less in general and more veg don't go ott with all the nonsense of going semi-vegi etc. just reduce your sugar intake and increase your fruit intake. In fact if you try and stick to a ridiculous diet plan you're more likely to fail than if you went with a more sensible one tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Just eat less in general and more veg don't go ott with all the nonsense of going semi-vegi etc. just reduce your sugar intake and increase your fruit intake. In fact if you try and stick to a ridiculous diet plan you're more likely to fail than if you went with a more sensible one tbh.
    Fruit has sugar in it.

ReputationRep:
    Fruit has sugar in it.
    You know what I meant. Natural sugars are actually not that bad for you and there are healthy things in fruit whereas in a chocolate bar it's all fat and sugar which is converted into energy or fat in your body, depending on whether you need more energy or not.
    You could always just try doing exercise without changing your diet cos that'll help you lose weight and gain muscle at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    It's certainly not bad for your body. It sounds **** and boring, though. Probably not a healthy mindset to have when you start restricting "bad" foods so neurotically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    You know what I meant. Natural sugars are actually not that bad for you and there are healthy things in fruit whereas in a chocolate bar it's all fat and sugar which is converted into energy or fat in your body, depending on whether you need more energy or not.
    You could always just try doing exercise without changing your diet cos that'll help you lose weight and gain muscle at the same time.
    Because of health reasons I try to cut out sugar from my diet. I don't want to lose weight. I just want to eat more healthy.

ReputationRep:
    I want to eat more healthy
    Then eat a balanced, organic diet, tending toward Paleo

There's some dietary advice in my wellness guide

Bear in mind that nuts contain a number of constituents that are not all that good for us (as per an earlier guide of mine) :yy:

ReputationRep:
    You need meat in your diet, everybody does.

I know it's not essential, it won't kill you or seriously harm you if you don't have meat... but you really should have proper meat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Then eat a balanced, organic diet, tending toward Paleo

There's some dietary advice in my wellness guide

Bear in mind that nuts contain a number of constituents that are not all that good for us (as per an earlier guide of mine) :yy:
    Errr why 'Paleo'? And on your guide, why should one avoid grains? I'd recommend avoiding books like 'The Primal Blueprint'.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.