Edexcel screwups? Watch

Fafnir
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
My school seems to have fallen victim to an unusually large number of screwups from Edexcel, and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing. So far, we've had:

- One person with two of someone else's Maths modules(!), taking him from ~190/200 to ~90/200 in those modules
- Three people doing Further Maths (Additional) ASes who have three missing modules (I'm one of them :mad:)
- One person with four(!) Maths modules missing
- One full marks Music module lost
- Lots of suspect moderation in Music
- Lots of poor mark assignment (i.e. not the highest possible UMS) for people doing extra Maths modules

And apparently a couple of other schools are having similar difficulties. Bearing in mind we've had no real problems from OCR or AQA this year, is this really reasonable?
muse97
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Edexcel are notoriously rubbish. Last year for our Psychology coursework, not one person got higher than a D due to their screw up on the mark boundaries. It forced us to all do over our work for a re-mark, when we should have just been concentrating on A2.

Anyway, that sounds particularly awful :mad:, i dont know about any similarities this year, or in that subject, but i sympathise.
tymbnuip
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
HAHA I've just noticed that one of my Edexcel AS German resit modules is missing!! Jesus christ :eek:
MediterraneanX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm fluent french and got told by my teacher that both my oral and coursework modules were A grades, however on my results the marks seem to indicate U/E grades, whilst my writing is still a high B/A (at a guess) and I got full marks in nearly all my french modules last year, yet only got a C overall...reaaaly not liking edexcel right now.
willow162
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
on my statement of results i have an overall result for my maths A-level which says what i got in each of my maths modules and when i took them. But i dont have this for further maths it just says the modules i took this summer. Then for my AS geography which i did last year and got an A in it says, 'X no result', i only noticed this when i got home and now im realy worried.
emmarainer88
Report 11 years ago
In january my friend retook edexcel A geography unit 4. Her result came back as a D. She got her paper back and my teacher looked at it and they hadnt given her credit for any valid points. SHe sent it back for remarking and went from a D to a high B. Edexcel are apparently notorious for using training teachers - people that arent even qualified to teach the subject!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed