Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    take it up with paypal and they wont make you send it back but you will get your refund with P&P check to see if they have left you feedback already some do it as soon as you pay them

ReputationRep:
    have you recieved a refund for the original amount yet? if so, try sending it "free post", that way if they ever want to see it again they have to pay the postage. i think you can slap free post on pretty much anything to make it the recievers problem (tho i dont kno).

i did slap freepost on a book i was returning to amazon, and that got through fine.....

ReputationRep:
    I have had to get money back for something similar and I went through PayPal.
    I got my money back with no trouble, the only trouble is that PayPal charge an admin fee for doing it so it is probably not worth your while.
    Maybe just the threat of doing it will sort them out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    have you recieved a refund for the original amount yet? if so, try sending it "free post", that way if they ever want to see it again they have to pay the postage. i think you can slap free post on pretty much anything to make it the recievers problem (tho i dont kno).

i did slap freepost on a book i was returning to amazon, and that got through fine.....

haha yeh i had that thought today. great minds think alike. but then i thought it may ruin my chances of any refund at all especially since they seem to just want rid of it.and i wont have any proof of sending so they can just say i didnt send it.

but an update on the situation is....... they replied saying only original postage and item cost or postage back and keep item.
    but they seem to think original postage and item cost is a full refund.i dont think they can comprehend i have to pay to send it back.

i replied saying.......... no its not a full refund as i still have to pay to send it back. and postage back for keeping item is hardly compensation as the video is listed on ebay for 1p 29p and lots of 99p's and the dvds are actually listed for 99p now so ill never make back the £3.00 i paid. and im now going to take the matter up with ebay as i refuse to pay for their mistake.

i know its only £3.00 but its the principal.

the ebay help page said you can come to an agreement of full refund or partial refund so im worried incase we dont agree and leave it to paypal to end it and they decide on partial refund and she will have won.ill be well peeeeeved off.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyboy129)
    I got my money back with no trouble, the only trouble is that PayPal charge an admin fee for doing it so it is probably not worth your while.

eesh thefting buggers.it never said anything about an admin fee when i did it. ill say i didnt agree to the admin fee contract so i demand that back too. refunds all round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyboy129)
    i didnt get charged as it was the sellers fault

ReputationRep:
    now they have sent this

i decided to delete the message just incase they some how saw it.

grrr they still havent said if theyl refund the extra postage because when they said full refund before that wasnt included. and its alright for them saying they dont wish to be laughed at for the sake of £1.75 its alright when its my 1.75.

ReputationRep:
    keep fighting!

ReputationRep:
    they have finally said theyl give me the £1.75 postage to return it. but for some reason even though i returned it in the same envelope it has weighed more. so its cost me more. eee the weight of sellotape these days

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.