The Student Room Group

How to stop worrying about my future?

Ever since year 11 started(I'm now in year 12), I just can't stop freaking out about everything. I keep looking up university entry requirements, how hard subjects are, what do you have to study to get a certain job etc. I do this almost everyday.
I know its incredibly lame, but I can't seem to turn it off.
Have any of you gone through this before?
Original post by ew_its_nicola
Ever since year 11 started(I'm now in year 12), I just can't stop freaking out about everything. I keep looking up university entry requirements, how hard subjects are, what do you have to study to get a certain job etc. I do this almost everyday.

You're not alone. I've gone through this myself before and quite frankly am going through it right now. I'm anxious about what the future holds. You know when you want to find out what the future holds but you also want time to slow down? Yeah, that's me right now.

Just know that you're not the only one. I'm in yr 13, I can't stop thinking about my impending exams, my university offers, what will I do after university, what job will I get, will I find love, what friends will I make/lose. There's just so much and it feels overwhelming. Often it's hard to realise that lots of other people our age feel the same way, especially when those around you in school etc seem just fine.
If you need to talk, pm me if you like

Hope this kinda helps :smile:
Reply 2
Again, your not the only one. I have a university prospectus that I look at most mornings, and I only look at one course I want to do. I've been trying to plan my life out since I was like 14 lmao. I am addicted into researching what my future could hold. Who knows if it's a bad thing? Maybe we are just well-prepared/organised
Tbh i feel the same. I'm in year 12 right now and its scary thinking about what the future holds. I have no clue what I'd like to be when I'm older. Do i go into an apprenticeship or do I go to Uni. My teachers have started talking about university etc already and so many people seem to have an idea of what they want to do. Like turtlebunny said, your not alone. The only way i go everyday without worrying about it is by thinking postitive thoughts. I dont like worrying and its clear that you don't either so you've got to try and push those worrying thoughts away. Sounds stupid I know but I find that it works for me. You've just gotta hope that in the end everything turns out okay. I'm taking it step by step and hoping that I'll get there eventually.

Hope it helps, try it:cool:
Original post by ew_its_nicola

It is exactly my case three years ago , I was confuse about my future and after year 12 I spent a year doing nothing becaus I havent choose my gools and what I want to achieve . But later I choose Biology and I entered uni . I am happy now studying what i really want and what i really love . I dont regret the past , and I see my future clearly .
So select what you really want and set your goals .
Wish you all the best :smile:
Unless you're a grade A or B student I would advise that you think about your career now. You don't have to study a course that you don't enjoy and owe 45k at the end of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending