Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Any djs (hopefully) going to uni in september... watch

ReputationRep:
    Simple question....Are you taking your decks with you? As I am still deliberating as to take mine or not?

Your thoughts on this matter whatever they are would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Take them with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Simple question....Are you taking your decks with you? As I am still deliberating as to take mine or not?

dont take them with you, they'll get stolen

ReputationRep:
    Didnt take mine at start, waited to see if there would be room, which there wasnt.

Im not that into it anymore, more into my guitar/bass playing. If you're really into it and are good, then take them. Just be prepared to have no desk space left..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    dont take them with you, they'll get stolen
    yeah i thought that, do you think there is a high probability they will?

(Original post by Chris_)
    Didnt take mine at start, waited to see if there would be room, which there wasnt.

Im not that into it anymore, more into my guitar/bass playing. If you're really into it and are good, then take them. Just be prepared to have no desk space left..
    yeah i'm really into it....but desk space

looks likes their is more arguments against rather than for!

ReputationRep:
    you cant not take something just incase its stolen....thats silly!!

thats what you have insurance for!!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    you cant not take something just incase its stolen....thats silly!!

thats what you have insurance for!!

love Katy ***
    Desk space now is my main worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)

my brother spent his student loan on decks! i'd take them, you'll miss them if you don't, and you might be able to get some gigs and get a bit of extra cash???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    my brother spent his student loan on decks! i'd take them, you'll miss them if you don't, and you might be able to get some gigs and get a bit of extra cash???
    Lol! Did your bro get any gigs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Lol! Did your bro get any gigs?
    yeah! he still does quite a lot of djing now, and he mc'd twice a week when he was doing his masters in edinburgh...made a fair few bob from it i think. and he dj'd at my 18th - surely the most prestigious gig he'd ever had he's having a track played at teh big chill this weekend too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    yeah! he still does quite a lot of djing now, and he mc'd twice a week when he was doing his masters in edinburgh...made a fair few bob from it i think. and he dj'd at my 18th - surely the most prestigious gig he'd ever had he's having a track played at teh big chill this weekend too!
    Wikkid, so thats another vote for taking them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Wikkid, so thats another vote for taking them!
    Even after what I said before, if I were you I would take them. All I would of had to do was put my printer on my shelf and clear away some lecture notes/text books and there would have been space..

What equip is it that you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Even after what I said before, if I were you I would take them. All I would of had to do was put my printer on my shelf and clear away some lecture notes/text books and there would have been space..

What equip is it that you have?
    Me PDX-a1's, mixer, speaker and amp i use of my stereonot all that much really

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.