What kind of backround is needed to pass the IMC (Investment Management Certificate)?

Watch
Vallern
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have a BSc in Economics, and no finance related work experience. Will this pose a problem when studying for the IMC, or are the books thorough enough so as people from a wide range of disciples can tackle with the exam material?
hamzaahmad786
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For starters there are no entry requirements.
The mathematics seems to be covered at degree level:
  • Location and Dispersion (means, medians and mode)
  • Discounted cash flows (basic discounting and compounding, annuities, perpetuities, mortgage repayments)
  • Standard Deviation
  • Security Valuation
  • Bond Valuation and Return Measures
  • Return Measures
  • NPV and IRR
Here is a syllabus, it does look very much like a typical finance degree: https://secure.cfauk.org/assets/4325...13__Unit_1.pdf
hamza ahmad hamzaahmad786 luton hertfordshire
Vallern
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by hamzaahmad786)
For starters there are no entry requirements.
The mathematics seems to be covered at degree level:
  • Location and Dispersion (means, medians and mode)
  • Discounted cash flows (basic discounting and compounding, annuities, perpetuities, mortgage repayments)
  • Standard Deviation
  • Security Valuation
  • Bond Valuation and Return Measures
  • Return Measures
  • NPV and IRR
Here is a syllabus, it does look very much like a typical finance degree: https://secure.cfauk.org/assets/4325...13__Unit_1.pdfk
hamza ahmad hamzaahmad786 luton hertfordshire
Thanks for the reply, luckily I have some experience with dealing with the topics u mentioned (except maybe the accounting ).
However, even if I feel rusty about some parts of the syllabus, do the books analyze the math and formulas in detail? What I mean is can someone who has no idea for example about bond valuation learn from the books?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
62.39%
No (41)
37.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed