Application form help - Enter both AS and A levels?

Watch
EvaStarshine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, all!

Might be a dumb question, but I wanted to check. I'm just filling in my education section on the form and I wondered if I'm supposed to enter both my AS and A level grades?

I've entered the AS grades for the courses I didn't take to full A level and then my overall A level grades for the courses I did take on but do I need to enter the grades I got for these at AS as well? Just wondering as I won't have enough space to enter everything if I do haha.

As an additional check, am I ok not to enter every subject I did as well if it's not relevant? I've left off my GCSE in P.E. and A level in General Studies at the moment.

Thank you all for your help!
nika02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Considering the A Level is half of AS and half of A2 I think you should be fine with entering just your A Levels and AS Levels that you didn't take up to the full A Level. I wouldn't personally leave out any subject unless you haven't got space or if you failed it - in that case I think it should be ok Good luck with your application!
EvaStarshine
Rep:
?
And as I have just gotten to it, is the subject box on the "Extended Project" intended for the title of the project I did? I think mine was "Why criminals commit crime" or something.
nika02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh wait, is this for UCAS? Because in that case you have to declare your AS grades as well as A Level grades and all the qualifications you have regardless if you think they're relevant
Yep, it's for the title of the EPQ!
EvaStarshine
Rep:
?
Yes it is I would prefer to enter absolutely everything but it only lets you enter up to nine things so I've run out of space on the form. At the moment on the GCSE section I've had to leave out P.E., Adult Numeracy and Literacy and Preparation for Working Life. On my A level section, I've had to leave my A.S. and A Level for General Studies. I've passed all my subjects but I tried to prioritise the ones that I think they'd be more interested in. It's frustrating that the form is so limited if they expect you to have everything on there.
Pierson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You don't need to include your AS level grades for subjects you took up to A2.

Unless you took over nine subjects at AS/A Level, you should be able to fit all your grades in that section even with the Extended Project (which should perhaps be titled 'Extended Project: Why Criminals Commit Crime?' in the subject box?). I think it's fine to be selective with the GCSE section - things like Preparation for Working Life isn't really going to be of interest to the training providers. I was only ever asked for my maths, English and science certificates when I applied - they couldn't care less about the other GCSEs I had.
EvaStarshine
Rep:
?
Ah fabulous, thank you! Yeah, I did five subjects in my AS year and took three of those to A2. Plus I did the EPQ and my college forced everyone to sit General Studies to A2 meaning I would have 11 grades to enter if I put everything in. Similarly, I did extra GCSE's at lunch which is why I've gone over in that section. I've put in the three it asked for and prioritised the other ones that seemed more relevant to a Maths PGCE such as Statistics or Foundations of Advanced Mathematics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads