The Student Room Group

Crushing hard on her but does she care?

I'm 18, a virgin and I have worked with a girl for about a year and over the last few months I've developed a crush on her and in the last few weeks especially I've felt really close to her.

At work I got asked to move to a new store as a promotion and said yes. The girl said she would miss me and added me on Facebook then text me to say we need to arrange a send off drink. I bought her flowers as a thank you for everything she's done for me and she hugged me and I don't think I've ever felt as close to someone as I did that moment. Later on she gave me a card signed by all my colleagues and she left me a really long message saying she'll still be there for me and is just a phone call away. She also gave me a present and said it was from everyone but I feel like it was more from her personally as she put effort into it knowing I would like it.

Anyway circumstances changed and I have been told I could stay and she would move. I got her a card and said in it to promise not to be a stranger and she said she would never be a stranger and hugged me again.

She left last week and she hasn't mentioned this drink that we were supposed to have and hasn't messaged since she left. Although I picture myself with her sexually now and again I am very close to her. I often overthink things and think I am doing same here. Does it sound like she's not interested I mean maybe she's busy with new job but I don't know. Thanks.
Talk to her. She sounds interested.
If nothing else invite her out for a drink and a chat between friends.
is she older or younger than you?
Reply 3
Original post by RandomStudent890
is she older or younger than you?

She's a couple years older
Original post by an_atheist
Talk to her. She sounds interested.
If nothing else invite her out for a drink and a chat between friends.

Really?

I don't know OP, but the best thing to do is just say?
Reply 5
Original post by elmosandy
Really?

I don't know OP, but the best thing to do is just say?

I know it's just I would feel so embarrassed because I feel so close to her and it would be pretty humiliating if she did not feel the same way.
Original post by oZombiex2
I'm 18, a virgin and I have worked with a girl for about a year and over the last few months I've developed a crush on her and in the last few weeks especially I've felt really close to her.

At work I got asked to move to a new store as a promotion and said yes. The girl said she would miss me and added me on Facebook then text me to say we need to arrange a send off drink. I bought her flowers as a thank you for everything she's done for me and she hugged me and I don't think I've ever felt as close to someone as I did that moment. Later on she gave me a card signed by all my colleagues and she left me a really long message saying she'll still be there for me and is just a phone call away. She also gave me a present and said it was from everyone but I feel like it was more from her personally as she put effort into it knowing I would like it.

Anyway circumstances changed and I have been told I could stay and she would move. I got her a card and said in it to promise not to be a stranger and she said she would never be a stranger and hugged me again.

She left last week and she hasn't mentioned this drink that we were supposed to have and hasn't messaged since she left. Although I picture myself with her sexually now and again I am very close to her. I often overthink things and think I am doing same here. Does it sound like she's not interested I mean maybe she's busy with new job but I don't know. Thanks.

Moving to a new job or even just anew workplace can be pretty stressful. She is probably just settling in. Message her yourself once or twice to see how she is doing but don't bombard her with messages. Just ask if shes still okay for a drink and see what she says :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by mediageek123
Moving to a new job or even just anew workplace can be pretty stressful. She is probably just settling in. Message her yourself once or twice to see how she is doing but don't bombard her with messages. Just ask if shes still okay for a drink and see what she says :smile:

Alright she did message me just under a month ago when we thought I was leaving offering me for a send off drink so it was her that made the effort. I think I'll message her tomorrow or day after to see how she is getting on and may suggest going for drinks in a few weeks times once she is settled like you've said. Thanks
Reply 8
She seems interested and like the others say she might be busy with her new job try sending her a message and see what happens.
Reply 9
Original post by chikane
She seems interested and like the others say she might be busy with her new job try sending her a message and see what happens.

I just find it strange she seemed so interested asking me our for a drink and adding me on Facebook the same day and now she seems to not put in as much effort. I'm gonna send her a message day after tomorrow I think asking how she's getting on and will see her in a few weeks and ask her out for a drink. I really hope it's just Cause she is busy with new job.
I just find it strange she seemed so interested asking me our for a drink and adding me on Facebook the same day and now she seems to not put in as much effort. I'm gonna send her a message day after tomorrow I think asking how she's getting on and will see her in a few weeks and ask her out for a drink. I really hope it's just Cause she is busy with new job.

I would be gutted if i was just getting close to someone and they were leaving i would feel like i didnt have the chance to get to know them but she seems like she cares e.g the gifts, the message she wrote in your card, asking you about having a send off maybe she was hinting to you and now she is gone maybe wants you to put in effort?
Reply 11
Original post by chikane
I would be gutted if i was just getting close to someone and they were leaving i would feel like i didnt have the chance to get to know them but she seems like she cares e.g the gifts, the message she wrote in your card, asking you about having a send off maybe she was hinting to you and now she is gone maybe wants you to put in effort?

I never thought of it that way maybe your right and she offered me for a drink and hopes I put the effort into it to arrange it with her. It's just that lately she hasn't replied to some of my texts though they were work related and not personal so maybe she felt they weren't important.

Like you said hopefully she wants me to put the effort in. Thanks
Reply 12
This was a very touching read

Why the didn't you ask her out if you like her so much? For ****'s sake, man....
Reply 14
Original post by Rhaenys10
Why the didn't you ask her out if you like her so much? For ****'s sake, man....

Several reasons really. One I'm kinda nervous. Two we've not done anything outside of work and although we do get on great we don't really know that much about each other. The third reason is pretty stupid which I'm ashamed of myself for but she is higher up than me at work and I worry people would think I've sucked up to her to get where I am.

I've learnt now from my mistakes and know what I should do now.
Might be perfect for you to ask her out now. You can say you didn't want to do it before because you were direct coworkers.

Now that you don't work together daily anymore, wouldn't she fancy ... with you. Or something.
Several reasons really. One I'm kinda nervous. Two we've not done anything outside of work and although we do get on great we don't really know that much about each other. The third reason is pretty stupid which I'm ashamed of myself for but she is higher up than me at work and I worry people would think I've sucked up to her to get where I am.

I've learnt now from my mistakes and know what I should do now.

You could have kept it a secret from your work colleagues for a bit if you were worried. I do wish you did make a move whilst at work as it is much easier as you work together and have a reason to talk or see each other.
Once you gain the courage to ask her you will be less shy and confidence is what women find attractive.
Yes try and message her and see what she says.
Hope it works out for you.
Reply 17
Original post by yudothis
Might be perfect for you to ask her out now. You can say you didn't want to do it before because you were direct coworkers.

Now that you don't work together daily anymore, wouldn't she fancy ... with you. Or something.

To be honest I'd rather not ask her out quite yet I'd rather have a drink with her first see her more personally. Although we flirt all the time like I said we don't know each other that well. Thanks for your help though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending