Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As I've mentioned in a post in an A Level thread, I have recieved one disasterous U grade for one Physics module, (others are AAABB).

Now of course I'm open minded to the fact that I could've screwed up, but I'm wondering whether it could be a glitch in the system or something.

Has anyone had experience in the past of having a U checked to find out it was a mistake?

Board was AQA.

Edit: I don't mean systematic errors. Silly me.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I'm in the same boat as you except in English Literature. I got a B for my coursework and full marks for the first module, but a U for the third module. I can't believe I did that badly when I thought it went well!
    I'm hoping its a graaaaave mistake but it probably wasn't!

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. It was just so gutting when you see it glaring up at you from the paper...

I think your situation is brighter than mine..I think there is less chance of someone screwing up in English than in Physics. I mean you pretty much know how well you've done after an essay based exam, right?

I'll definately be paying for a remark. For piece of mind!

ReputationRep:
    Thats the thing, I thought I had done well. But then I was thinking about it, I could have written a good essay, bu just not answered the question, and that is basically a big fail!

ReputationRep:
    Kinda but not kinda in the same boat as you...

In my psychology one of the modules says I got full marks, I'm not exactly going to tell the exam board but I thought I had missed one question out... Also considering the fact I got D's in the mocks and still haven't got the hang of the timing right, I wasn't sure if it's an error or not.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.