The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades help?

Hey, I would like to apply to a course with entry reuqirements A*A*A/A*AA (University of Manchester) Physics

At AS I got AABC
With Predicted A*AB

I am confident I can get at least A*AA come summer.
What are the chances of the university giving me the offer despite the low predicted grades?

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
depends on the university and course.
Reply 2
Original post by Matheconomics
Hey, I would like to apply to a course with entry reuqirements A*A*A/A*AA (University of Manchester) Physics

At AS I got AABC
With Predicted A*AB

I am confident I can get at least A*AA come summer.
What are the chances of the university giving me the offer despite the low predicted grades?

Thanks

I've heard that University of Manchester are very likely to give out offers if you're predicted the minimum entry requirement or above, if you're predicted an A*AB then they might either simply not give you an offer or they would take more things into consideration, e.g. PS, reference etc..., you might want to email them explaining the stuff you've done, as they could provide you an answer.
Is that the only university you're interested in applying too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
It might be possible to raise that predicted B to an A if you convince your teacher that an A is what you are going to acheive. If you are up to date on homework, can provide a vast amount of independent work as evidence of your dedication and are acheiving well in class you may be able to have a word with them, explain your situation and tell them that you are very confident that you can get an A. (It may also help if you are retaking a unit or two.)

Otherwise it depends on the university. I'm not familliar with Manchester but some universities will turn you away on predicted grades alone if they're hugely oversubscribed but others may invite you to interview which would give you a chance to explain to the university that you're aiming to meet their requirements. You'd be best to email the admissions team at the university who may be able to help you more.

Quick Reply

Latest