Doing A levels during a full time job?? Watch

ChemicalChance
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bluemadhatter)
Decided not to do the A levels and just continue with health and social care level 3 which I have to do with the course anyway. Its hard enough trying to do coursework whilst I work full time so I wouldnt dream of doing A levels :lol: It would just be too much stress that I am in no position to handle.
Ah, I see ...,,,Working as a Pastry Chef full time; working 50+ odd hours a week..I sort of understand what you mean. It can't be easy.

Ok, gonna go do some more research,
Thanks for responding to a post so old.
I appreciate it!
Bye
Boats n Hose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm confused to what you'd have to attend in order to facilitate A-levels with a full time job like do you still have to attend classes or purely just constant revision?
Boats n Hose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=bluemadhatter;71761032]Decided not to do the A levels and just continue with health and social care level 3 which I have to do with the course anyway. Its hard enough trying to do coursework whilst I work full time so I wouldnt dream of doing A levels :lol: It would just be too much stress that I am in no position to handle.[/QUOTE

When facilitating A-levels around 40 hour working weeks, do you have to attend classes or is it purely revision?
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'll be doing 37 hours a week at a hospital. I'm not going to sixth form/college so will be doing the exams as an external student and will be doing all the studying on my own? I'll be doing A2 maths (I got B in AS), A2 Psychology (Got a C in AS) and AS and A2 Religious Studies (Cause I need a third option). I'm not sure if this is unrealistic but I really want to apply for Nursing in the coming year and if I have the grades then it will be so much easier and I can spend a year working/relaxing if I get offers. Idk am I setting myself up for failure?
Did you manage to do it?
bluemadhatter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Did you manage to do it?
LMAOOO NOO. I do think it was slightly unrealistic to think I could do it, especially since whilst working I was also required to do health and social based coursework. But I put my "failure" down to my mental health issues at the time and not my capability to be honest. I also gained a lot of experience just working at the hospital. I'm also currently doing an access course which will hopefully get me into uni as well. And having all this time has also made me reconsider my career choice from nursing to occupational therapy
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Boats n Hose)

When facilitating A-levels around 40 hour working weeks, do you have to attend classes or is it purely revision?
(Original post by Boats n Hose)
I'm confused to what you'd have to attend in order to facilitate A-levels with a full time job like do you still have to attend classes or purely just constant revision?
What you'd normally do is distance learn and hire a private tutor if you were stuck on any concept
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
LMAOOO NOO. I do think it was slightly unrealistic to think I could do it, especially since whilst working I was also required to do health and social based coursework. But I put my "failure" down to my mental health issues at the time and not my capability to be honest. I also gained a lot of experience just working at the hospital. I'm also currently doing an access course which will hopefully get me into uni as well. And having all this time has also made me reconsider my career choice from nursing to occupational therapy
Thanks for replying, I hope everything goes well for you
iqramango
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'll be doing 37 hours a week at a hospital. I'm not going to sixth form/college so will be doing the exams as an external student and will be doing all the studying on my own? I'll be doing A2 maths (I got B in AS), A2 Psychology (Got a C in AS) and AS and A2 Religious Studies (Cause I need a third option). I'm not sure if this is unrealistic but I really want to apply for Nursing in the coming year and if I have the grades then it will be so much easier and I can spend a year working/relaxing if I get offers. Idk am I setting myself up for failure?
Tbh I’m retaking my gcse 4 of them and I’m working full time at least 45 hours a week I still try my best to revise but long run I don’t think I’ll be doing very well if I carry on like that but everyone’s different I say if u can do u can do it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (64)
54.24%
No (20)
16.95%
I'm not old enough (34)
28.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed