The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Dickson Poon Undergraduate Scholarship 2017

Anybody here applying for the first application cycle?
(edited 7 years ago)
when is it?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by james007idklaw
when is it?

The first round of applications closed at the end of October. You can still apply, you'll just have to wait for a while to get a decision.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/law/Dickson-Poons-Gift/ug-scholarships/apply.aspx
Reply 3
I applied! When you sent your skype name (they ask for it if you get an interview), did you get a reply?
I'm applying for the second round- so anxious about the essay :/
I'm in an odd situation because I've applied in the first cycle but they held my application until the second cycle ends. My LNAT score wasn't great so I'm not too hopeful. GCSEs, AS and the essay are/were alright though.
Hey everyone,
just received my invite for interview for scholarship. Has anyone had any experience with it?
Also i know the scholarship includes a year of accommodation, does anyone know if we have any choice as to location?
Probably being presumptuous as havent got it yet but like to know anyones experiences :smile:
ok so obviously not my cycle; but a note on the interview for anyone who gets one: mine was a mix of personal statement (make sure you know it reeeeeaaallly well + have intelligent opinions, etc obvs.) and a reasoning problem vaguely similar to the oxford interview (you can find a mock oxford interview on youtube); the interview was also fairly short - about 20mins.

I felt like the reasoning went meh, so it's definitely not the end of the world if you come out feeling unsure (I did get the scholarship in the end!).
Old thread, I know,
But I've got my interview coming up next week, is it over skype?? (because I presumed that's why I needed the skype address) someone said it was actually in person, but I've got no address to go to or anything
Original post by ReluctantWriter
ok so obviously not my cycle; but a note on the interview for anyone who gets one: mine was a mix of personal statement (make sure you know it reeeeeaaallly well + have intelligent opinions, etc obvs.) and a reasoning problem vaguely similar to the oxford interview (you can find a mock oxford interview on youtube); the interview was also fairly short - about 20mins.

I felt like the reasoning went meh, so it's definitely not the end of the world if you come out feeling unsure (I did get the scholarship in the end!).

aaaa i have my interview on monday and i feel like i'm terrible at reasoning - so nervous! did you read up on news or current affairs before your interview?
Is "Dickson Poon" the actual name? :toofunny:
Original post by armukherjee
aaaa i have my interview on monday and i feel like i'm terrible at reasoning - so nervous! did you read up on news or current affairs before your interview?

I follow the news anyway (Politico Europe do a really good aggregated report that's sent out every morning!) - but I don't remember being asked specifically about this. I read up on my PS; they asked quite a few questions about that. Good luck (for today!!).
Dickenson Poon! What a name :facepalm:
Original post by ReluctantWriter
I follow the news anyway (Politico Europe do a really good aggregated report that's sent out every morning!) - but I don't remember being asked specifically about this. I read up on my PS; they asked quite a few questions about that. Good luck (for today!!).

thank you so much!! did they give you a scenario or legal case to talk through?

Quick Reply

Latest