Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    I'm a third year :rolleyes:

In that case, did you leave your room? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well that's completely different, not that you stated that anywhere. I thought the OP was asking about how much freshers will need for that week. I'm obviously not planning on spending as much as last year.

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

And you only spent £30? I spent that in one day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheryl06)
    Oh well that's completely different, not that you stated that anywhere. I thought the OP was asking about how much freshers will need for that week. I'm obviously not planning on spending as much as last year.
    No, I mean when I was a fresher.
    I don't get how anyone could spend £200 in a week, that's £40 a day! Bloody hell!

ReputationRep:
    I dont survive on £30 for a normal week, let alone freshers week! Getting drunk every night cost me loads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    I dont survive on £30 for a normal week, let alone freshers week! Getting drunk every night cost me loads!
    I can easily live off £30 a week now, but it was £30 a night for Freshers for me... I wanna know how Mermania did it! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I can easily live off £30 a week now, but it was £30 a night for Freshers for me... I wanna know how Mermania did it! :p:
    Yes I was the same! It went down to about £20 towards the end of the year but before chistmas it was at least £30 a day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an expert budgeteer. Yes, that's a word.
    (well, it's not, but still)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Might have been free entry and £1-£1.50 a drink...if that's the case, wouldn't be too expensive. My freshers week was fairly cheap - probs spent more during the days going out for food etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an expert budgeteer. Yes, that's a word.
    (well, it's not, but still)
    Yeh but how did you enjoy Freshers by budgeting?
    I'm great at budgeting too but I never would've enjoyed Freshers if I'd budgeted that severely then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzy2512)
    Might have been free entry and £1-£1.50 a drink...if that's the case, wouldn't be too expensive. My freshers week was fairly cheap - probs spent more during the days going out for food etc.

I assumed he was including everything, not just nights out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzy2512)

The drinks were that price during my freshers week but I still managed to spend loads!

ReputationRep:
    I've never been one for throwing money around, so it wasn't a conscious effort or anything. I just found it pretty easy not to spend loads. I honestly don't understand how anyone could be spending upwards of £30+ a day. What were you buying?!

ReputationRep:
    I've never been one for throwing money around, so it wasn't a conscious effort or anything. I just found it pretty easy not to spend loads. I honestly don't understand how anyone could be spending upwards of £30+ a day. What were you buying?!

We went out for meals/drinks = around £10 a day,
    and around £20 on a night out, or doing something in the daytime, or shopping.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go for any "meals" that I can recall...ever.
    £20 for a night out :eek: £5 is plenty!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go for any "meals" that I can recall...ever.
    £20 for a night out :eek: £5 is plenty!

£5 isn't plenty during Freshers. Any other time it is.
    And I guess the meals take a bit of money off if you didn't do that lol. :p:

ReputationRep:
    £5 is plenty at any time!
    The fact it's freshers doesn't suddenly mean you're obliged to spend more than you normally would.

ReputationRep:
    £5 is plenty at any time!
    The fact it's freshers doesn't suddenly mean you're obliged to spend more than you normally would.

Yeah it does. You're making new friends and stuff so you'll be out every night, for the whole night, having fun, with takeaways and stuff as well.
    What did you do throughout Freshers?

ReputationRep:
    why do you have to spend more when you're making new friends?!
    I don't get it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.