The Student Room Group

9-1 Math & English Revision Resources

Hello All,

Now that the GCSE standard has changed for Math and English, so that new material is involved and there are different things which get you marks, does anyone know any sites or resources that help you revise and learn in with the new content?

For example, a site like MathTakeaway, but with 9-1 questions rather than A*-G. (Same for English, but I don't have any examples)

Regards,
Mark0001
Maths genie
Maths watch

Mr Bruff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mark0001
x

mrbruff videos may come in handy. You can also tweet/email or ask for tuition from him if need be. There are some CGP books for the new spec that look very useful.
Does your school have a mymaths login? That could also be of use to you. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Matrix123
mrbruff videos may come in handy. You can also tweet/email or ask for tuition from him if need be. There are some CGP books for the new spec that look very useful.
Does your school have a mymaths login? That could also be of use to you. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah my school does. Thank you.

Does anyone know of something for English?
Reply 4

Buy Mr. Bruff's e-books

No worries :smile:

Samlearning or mrbruff? The latter is particularly useful.
Maybe you could try asking your English teacher if they know of any resources you could use?
Reply 6
No worries :smile:

Samlearning or mrbruff? The latter is particularly useful.
Maybe you could try asking your English teacher if they know of any resources you could use?

MyMaths. My school doesn't really give resources for the GCSEs, especially in English, a bit weird to be frank.
MyMaths. My school doesn't really give resources for the GCSEs, especially in English, a bit weird to be frank.

I see. Have you watched mrbruff videos before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Does anyone know of some free resources? For example, MathsTakeaway is quite useful because it's a lot of questions and answers.

I was wondering if there was an equivalent for English, and something like that for maths but with the new content.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
I see. Have you watched mrbruff videos before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, I never heard of him before.
Helm workbooks for mathematics ...

it has everything about maths basics to advanced stuffs
To be honest, I never heard of him before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch-XgnluOf4&list=PLqGFsWf-P-cAlttmXkEvJXCxqT-ZzFqAN
Let me know what you think :wink:

Those are a playlist of his English language videos for the summer exams of 2017.
He also has lots of literature videos too. :smile:
Reply 12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch-XgnluOf4&list=PLqGFsWf-P-cAlttmXkEvJXCxqT-ZzFqAN
Let me know what you think :wink:

Those are a playlist of his English language videos for the summer exams of 2017.
He also has lots of literature videos too. :smile:

Looks quite nice and fairly detailed. Do you know if it has example question? If it doesn't, you still made my day. :wink:
Reply 13
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJhuqpyhE8NzYZFkwTzi_7g - Excellent resource for the new English GCSE Spec 9-1.
Looks quite nice and fairly detailed. Do you know if it has example question? If it doesn't, you still made my day. :wink:

Thanks, I'm glad to hear it. :biggrin:
He usually does do examples. You should be able to find some for the 19th century texts and maybe throughout some of his other videos. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Bump. Isn't there anything else?

They change the specs so drastically without any giving a lot of sites where we can revise from for the new content?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest