Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any past papers so I can have a look at the type of topics and questions? Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by _JOKER_)
    Does anyone have any past papers so I can have a look at the type of topics and questions? Thanks
    The only place I am aware of that openly offers past papers is City University:

http://www.staff.city.ac.uk/~sbbb698/pastexams.html

But other university past papers may not be the best option as they will vary a little between university. You should have access to your own university's past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    The only place I am aware of that openly offers past papers is City University:

http://www.staff.city.ac.uk/~sbbb698/pastexams.html

But other university past papers may not be the best option as they will vary a little between university. You should have access to your own university's past papers.
    Thanks!
    I am applying to do mech eng this year so I just wanted to see what I will be doing next year.

ReputationRep:
    Just look at the course contents of the uni of your choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks!
    I am applying to do mech eng this year so I just wanted to see what I will be doing next year.
    Hey,

Focus more on the course content rather than the exam questions. Most people end up tripping up in exams because all they learn is example questions, whether it's homeworks/class examples/past paper questions. Learning the theory will prepare you for any question.

The main caveat with looking at past exam papers is that exam questions can vary wildly year to year, particularly if there is a change of lecturer. Of course, it can be good to see how the exams are setup and the type of questions they can ask, but it's just something to keep in mind.

Scott
    Undergraduate Rep
    School of Engineering

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.