SabithaK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi

I just got my first offer, and it's conditional.
The conditions of this course are:
Minimum one full "AS" level pass
Proof of your EU status

I'm slightly confused what they mean, since I already have got a Grade C in Media, and a grade D in english literature and language in AS level, and am now studying them in A2.

Also, when they mean proof of my EU status, what do they mean.

Please help me?
rjbull
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Seems unconditional to me if you submitted your AS level grades on UCAS.
+ basically you just need to show you're from the EU.

Congrats!
SabithaK
Rep:
?
(Original post by rjbull)
Seems unconditional to me if you submitted your AS level grades on UCAS.
+ basically you just need to show you're from the EU.

Congrats!
Thank you

I have already submitted my AS level grades on my UCAS application, with my Grade C for Media Studies and Grade D for English literature and language at AS level, even though I am studying these subjects in A2. Still, don't they at least count for one "AS" level pass.

Also, when they mean to show them I am from the EU, what proof or evidence do they mean. I live in the UK, am a British citizen, but am a bit confused about what they mean of proof of my EU status.
rjbull
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah the C from Media Studies is a pass for sure. Also I guess a copy of your passport, I wouldnt worry about that too much, if you are an EU citizen that is perfectly fine, when they ask for proof just provide them it.
SabithaK
Rep:
?
(Original post by rjbull)
Yeah the C from Media Studies is a pass for sure. Also I guess a copy of your passport, I wouldnt worry about that too much, if you are an EU citizen that is perfectly fine, when they ask for proof just provide them it.
So the grade c in media proves i got the grade.

I am a citizen of the United kingdom, since i live in London, and have a british passport.

So i just need to show a copy of my passport, when will the university ask for a copy of my passport, will it be next year or closer to the start of the course.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SabithaK)
So the grade c in media proves i got the grade.

I am a citizen of the United kingdom, since i live in London, and have a british passport.

So i just need to show a copy of my passport, when will the university ask for a copy of my passport, will it be next year or closer to the start of the course.
Call them up and query it.

These conditions seem strange (especially the EU one - is this a Scottish university?). You need to check with them that there isn't an error and that your understanding is correct.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This doesn't sound right at all. You need to contact them to find out if this offer is actually correct. It would be different if only one part sounded strange, but they've given you two requirements and neither actually match your own circumstances.
SabithaK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
This doesn't sound right at all. You need to contact them to find out if this offer is actually correct. It would be different if only one part sounded strange, but they've given you two requirements and neither actually match your own circumstances.
(Original post by PQ)
Call them up and query it.

These conditions seem strange (especially the EU one - is this a Scottish university?). You need to check with them that there isn't an error and that your understanding is correct.
It does seem strange, its not a Scottish university, its a London university. I mysekf am very confused. I am going to ring them tommmorow, and ask them, because i don't understand the offer myself. Its late now, so i will definitely call them tommmorow to clear it out for me and to ensure the conditions are correct.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (533)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (647)
41.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (317)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.59%

Watched Threads