Turn on thread page Beta

Want to fast track being employed? Persistence is key! watch

ReputationRep:
    I've recently been applying to jobs left right and centre for a new sales role and I've been relatively frustrated with the lack of response. Then it suddenly hit me; how does a salesman make more sales? He makes more calls. It doesn't immediately mean he has more money in his bank account but he has more opportunity to make sales. By increasing your efforts you increase your chances of finding what youre looking for.

So every week I would double my efforts, then double them again the next week, and again, and again... As a result I've now applied go around 80 jobs in the space of around 3 weeks and I have job opportunities coming out of my ears. I have a CHOICE of jobs that I could go for because I've applied to so many.

Also I'm less concerned about going into these interviews and seem incredibly confident because I know I have a load of other jobs lined up behind me. I am coming from a place of abundance and that gives me security, not desperation and uncertainty.

When people come to me saying theyre frustrated because no one's hiring, or they've not heard back from anyone, or they've tried but no one likes them... I always think to myself it's ********. We come up with so many excuses to cover up the fact that we are in fact lazy and want someone else to do it for us.

So if youre stuck trying to get a new job in a new career then I would suggest that you try harder. Set yourself a realistic target and then double it. If, after a week you are still not employed, double it again, and again and again until you are employed. I can guarantee that after even a couple of weeks you will have several interviews lined up. Then it's down to you to really nail the interviewing process.

(By the way, expect to pick the phone up every five minutes to take a call because that's how many companies will be contacting you!)
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Good for you for creating your own opportunities. Sales is a bit different to graduate schemes, so quantity is not always the answer. pretty good rule of thumb though..

ReputationRep:
    i like the cut of your jib fella

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.