Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    this morning I got my results BBCC and have got into my insurance uni and it has unconditional on track
    but my firm (which was AAB ) still says condional on track
    i rang them this morning to see if id been unsuccesful and they said they hadnt come to a decision yet and will ring me tonight about 7 oclock
    do you think they will then tell me tonight that ive been unsuccesfull? :s i dont really see why they would wait all day if they were going to do that
    or maybe they are going to offer me another course?
    hmmmmm arghhh

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat, but they've told me to keep checking my UCAS instead of them phoning me :mad:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    They're nasty buggers and have decided to leave you in limbo while they see if any better offers come up in Clearing for them (while preventing you from going into clearing/getting assigned accommodation at your insurance).

Keep pestering them until they realise that playing with people's lives like this ISN'T acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    awww i know its horrible!! id rather them have just said this morning
    and i dont want to give myself hope incase they just turn around and say oh sorry to keep you waiting but we dont want you grrr

ReputationRep:
    aww- try to think positive

ReputationRep:
    Same position and I really don't know what to do. They might keep me waiting until next week which seems ridiculous and still reject me. Presumably my insurance will still take me as they have accepted me already but it's a bummer for sorting out accommodation!:confused: :mad:
    Are there no time limits that they have to meet for making a decision. I suppose I should be grateful for still being in the running for an excellent uni but i feel totally weird about it all......

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position. Got AAB, firm wants ABB but different subject combination. I phoned and told them my B Grade UMS (478) and they said they'd phone, and also to check track.

When do you think they'll come to a decision, in terms of days? weeks?

ReputationRep:
    I rang and they let me in . I missed it by a grade but I was very happy to be let in.

ReputationRep:
    ^ well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kruger97)
    I'm tempted to phone up somebody that works in the department im applying for to plead my case, but I don't know if it will make any difference as they seem to be discussing whether or not to let me in anyway. What the hell would I even say lol.
    I dunno what its like for cambs, but I pleaded my case with the biochem tutor at imperial and told them how close the ums were etc.

ReputationRep:
    i've got the same problem but its really bad. i've been rejected by my firm choice, which i needed BBB. i got BDE which is really bad. I've dne German and psychology AS levels nd got CD in them. Queen mary is my second choice nd they asked for 300 ucas points (ABC or BBB) nd they still haven't rejected me. On ucas that has changed to firm. When i checked this morning i thought i got in nd got all happy. I rang them up, nd they say that i have to wait till tommorrow to find out. it is really out of order, cause it is my only chance nd if they reject me i could have gone through clearing. now i can't do that, and i dn't want to reject them just in case there is a 1% chance of them letting me in. If they reject me tommorow i'll be very upset for holding me today. Any advice. i would really need some advice.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick still haven't replied to me. Missed my offer by 2 UMS so now I'm left in limbo. I've found a good clearing option but I don't want it to be full by the time I get Warwick's reply. At about midday they said I should Track at about 4/5ish. The thing is their website says they tell UCAS of their decisions at the end of the day, when is that?

ReputationRep:
    trishasnea im in the exact same boat!

all i've been doing is looking at courses in clearing, making lists of possible unis etc
    so ill be prepared tomorrow if im declined... i'll then start phoning away to unis

ReputationRep:
    Is there no more possibility of Track updating later today?

ReputationRep:
    i rang up ucas today and they said that the university have till the 18th august to make a decision.

ReputationRep:
    Sam situation with me for Imperial. This is completely ridiculous. Hurry up and make a decision!! If this is how they treat their students, I think I won't reapply next year if I don't make it. Got AABB; offer was ABB, but the A had to be in chemistry, which I narrowly missed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trishasneaha)
    i've got the same problem but its really bad. i've been rejected by my firm choice, which i needed BBB. i got BDE which is really bad. I've done German and psychology AS levels nd got CD in them. Queen mary is my second choice nd they asked for 300 ucas points (ABC or BBB) nd they still haven't rejected me. On ucas that has changed to firm. When i checked this morning i thought i got in nd got all happy. I rang them up, nd they say that i have to wait till tommorrow to find out. it is really out of order, cause it is my only chance nd if they reject me i could have gone through clearing. now i can't do that, and i dn't want to reject them just in case there is a 1% chance of them letting me in. If they reject me tommorow i'll be very upset for holding me today. Any advice. i would really need some advice.
    I'm in a similiar situation too. The firm sent me an unofficial letter declining me, but haven't updated on track. Piss take. Called up insurance, they said they are considering, and may accept me. But there is over a 50% chance that I'll get in.

ReputationRep:
    being held by their insurance university as like, a "reserve"?

After originally ringing up and being told Bath (my insurance) uni wouldn't be giving me a place (needed AAC - got ABD ) I searched through clearing and got lots of verbal offers from universities I rang (University of East Anglia and Leicester being my favourites here) but Bath still hadn't updated my UCAS to unsuccessful.

So, I rang them, but was then told I was on a pending reserve type list of people who still might get a place depending on how many people reject thier places. I was told it could take even up to 10 days to get a decision.

In the mean time I will be visiting UEA and Leicester, and they have both promised to hold their offers for me until September (but I think I might phone and double check tomorrow.... just in case I misunderstood!); so I can decide which one to accept should Bath not take me.

I wondered if anyone else was in a similar position, and if I am doing the right thing in waiting for Bath- UEA and Leicester should keep my offer open if they said it was a verbal agreement, shouldn't they? (Both promised to post more info for tomorrow)

Thanks lol!

EDIT - Applied to study Mathematics; A - Mathematics, B - Further Mathematics, Music - D (some SHOCKING unit results this year... )

ReputationRep:
    Yes, both should. But bath is a better uni so you're probably best holding on to try to get in. Good luck!

(p.s. i'm assuming u applied for maths?)

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes - Mathematics. And yes, that's why I chose it to start with. I hope they let me in still, but it's best to think pessimistically in this situation, that way I can't be disappointed (again!)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.