The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If you resit and do worse then you need to gain more marks at A2.

Think of the stress by doing more exams (at the same time as normal A-level exams in some cases) and the cost of resitting - it aint cheap!

I don't think you should resit.
Reply 21
Joanna May
My exams have been cashed in. When I retake them, do I still put them on the form, if I'm resitting them? Is there anywhere on the form that I can make it clear that I am resitting them?

you can't cash your grades in if resitting. Your tutor can mention resits in their reference.
Reply 22
I don't know how they got cashed in so soon! lol! I assume then they will be uncashed when you confirm your doing a resit. I didn't think they cashed them in till the resit deadline.

Having the grade on the result sheet doesn't mean they've ben cashed in!
Reply 23
i got 3As and a U in maths lol :smile:
the As are in business studies, sociology and psychology. im quite happy. duno bout uni offers tho, i wanna go southampton to study management i need an AAB. hopefully i ll get an offer. i wouldnt mind going oxford but i think thats unlikely lol
Reply 24
Joanna May
They haven't told me they were cashed in, but from other threads I've read; the fact that my sheets have grades on them seems to mean that they were?

So when I fill in the UCAS form, do I just fill in the one complete AS I'm not resitting (German) and leave the rest of the form blank, and let the unis guess I'm resitting?

EDIT: I was told that your grade was only on there if they were cashed in. How can you tell, if it's not by that?

I thought it was after results you cashed them in - how can you tell what grades to cash in unless you have the results.

The ucas form you can put in decline to answer or something on the ones you resit. get your tutor to write in your reference about the ones your resitting.

Latest