Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a year 12 student looking to do veterinary science (so aiming for A*/A) and want to know how important is the Easter holiday as a revision period? I'm currently sorting my lambing work experience and need to decide whether to get a one or two week placement. So year 13 students, will I need that week at Easter for revision or would I manage being away the whole time?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by societea)
    Hi, I'm a year 12 student looking to do veterinary science (so aiming for A*/A) and want to know how important is the Easter holiday as a revision period? I'm currently sorting my lambing work experience and need to decide whether to get a one or two week placement. So year 13 students, will I need that week at Easter for revision or would I manage being away the whole time?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personally, with how close Easter is to the actual exams, I think it is pretty important to revise then. Although, I do know people who did a sort of summer school during Easter and got really good grades.

It all depends on you. If you don't have to do any actual exams, go for it. Veterinary Science do place a pretty high importance on work experience from what I hear. However, if you do, maybe think about it more. On one hand, it's just a week. You can make those up during the next few weeks. However, it is still a week, y'know.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, yes I will definitely think carefully - this would be the Easter before my yr12 internal exams, not my actual A levels however, so perhaps more manageable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by societea)
    Thank you, yes I will definitely think carefully - this would be the Easter before my yr12 internal exams, not my actual A levels however, so perhaps more manageable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If they are year 12 internal exams, then as long as you do plenty of revision, then doing the 2 weeks work experience at Easter shouldnt be too bad. You could still do revision during Easter when you arent at work experience (e.g. evenings/weekends)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This massively depends on the farm where you will be going lambing and how much revision you get done before Easter. In my last year of college I went lambing for two weeks at a super chill organic farm with only 250-300 ewes, so I often finished between 3-4pm which meant I could go home and revise without being too tired (and they let me take a day off so that I could go into college for a revision session). Often it was quiet so i could even take revision with me and have a quick skim in the lambing shed if nothing was happening. However, this year I went to a big 800 ewe farm- I stayed at the farm and my hours were 8am-2/3am so even if I did have time to revise I was way too tired!

My advice would be, if you're not sure just do one week lambing and take a week off. You can always do a gap year if you don't have enough work experience but it is much harder applying if you need to resit a year, believe me! :P

ReputationRep:
    Thanks that's really helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.