societea
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I'm a year 12 student looking to do veterinary science (so aiming for A*/A) and want to know how important is the Easter holiday as a revision period? I'm currently sorting my lambing work experience and need to decide whether to get a one or two week placement. So year 13 students, will I need that week at Easter for revision or would I manage being away the whole time?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firenze26
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by societea)
Hi, I'm a year 12 student looking to do veterinary science (so aiming for A*/A) and want to know how important is the Easter holiday as a revision period? I'm currently sorting my lambing work experience and need to decide whether to get a one or two week placement. So year 13 students, will I need that week at Easter for revision or would I manage being away the whole time?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally, with how close Easter is to the actual exams, I think it is pretty important to revise then. Although, I do know people who did a sort of summer school during Easter and got really good grades.

It all depends on you. If you don't have to do any actual exams, go for it. Veterinary Science do place a pretty high importance on work experience from what I hear. However, if you do, maybe think about it more. On one hand, it's just a week. You can make those up during the next few weeks. However, it is still a week, y'know.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar.
societea
Rep:
?
Thank you, yes I will definitely think carefully - this would be the Easter before my yr12 internal exams, not my actual A levels however, so perhaps more manageable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by societea)
Thank you, yes I will definitely think carefully - this would be the Easter before my yr12 internal exams, not my actual A levels however, so perhaps more manageable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they are year 12 internal exams, then as long as you do plenty of revision, then doing the 2 weeks work experience at Easter shouldnt be too bad. You could still do revision during Easter when you arent at work experience (e.g. evenings/weekends)
Louiseee_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This massively depends on the farm where you will be going lambing and how much revision you get done before Easter. In my last year of college I went lambing for two weeks at a super chill organic farm with only 250-300 ewes, so I often finished between 3-4pm which meant I could go home and revise without being too tired (and they let me take a day off so that I could go into college for a revision session). Often it was quiet so i could even take revision with me and have a quick skim in the lambing shed if nothing was happening. However, this year I went to a big 800 ewe farm- I stayed at the farm and my hours were 8am-2/3am so even if I did have time to revise I was way too tired!

My advice would be, if you're not sure just do one week lambing and take a week off. You can always do a gap year if you don't have enough work experience but it is much harder applying if you need to resit a year, believe me! :P
societea
Rep:
?
Thanks that's really helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (3)
23.08%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (4)
30.77%
I have already dropped out (0)
0%
I'm not a current university student (6)
46.15%

Watched Threads