The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

applying without visiting and what's the student support like?

Hi guys

I'm ready to send off my UCAS application for Psychology and I have 4 places that I've visited, liked, and will be applying for. My mum has made the point, though, that I might as well put a fifth down and we both agree that Newcastle seems rather nice. However, I'm worried that I would like everything on paper (I've visited the website and got a prospectus and viewed the virtual tours etc) but will hate it when I get there. I've had that problem with one uni before where everything seemed amazing but we absolutley hated it when we got there and I definitely won't be applying.

Also, I have GAD which is very serious for me so I need to know that I would be happy with any support there. Has anyone had any experience with the uni support team that they could tell me about?
Original post by greghayes
Hi guys

I'm ready to send off my UCAS application for Psychology and I have 4 places that I've visited, liked, and will be applying for. My mum has made the point, though, that I might as well put a fifth down and we both agree that Newcastle seems rather nice. However, I'm worried that I would like everything on paper (I've visited the website and got a prospectus and viewed the virtual tours etc) but will hate it when I get there. I've had that problem with one uni before where everything seemed amazing but we absolutley hated it when we got there and I definitely won't be applying.

Also, I have GAD which is very serious for me so I need to know that I would be happy with any support there. Has anyone had any experience with the uni support team that they could tell me about?

Hi,

It sounds like you've done quite a lot of research which is good! We have a team of student bloggers who write about a variety of topics from student experience, clubs and societies, courses, halls, city life and more. Having a browse through their blogs might help give you a better idea of the university and city from a students perspective.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions please ask!

Isabella :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending