purple_cloud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey,

I'm not sure whether I want to go into publishing or journalism yet as I haven't had any work experience. However, I would like to take English Literature (and possibly German) at university.

I was just wondering what kind of things I could do to get a feel for this sector, aside from actual work experience, as I think that maybe starting a blog may be useful but I'm not sure.

I would love to get some ideas and hear about any of your experiences~

Thanks!
Asher46
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bxcks_)
Hey,

I'm not sure whether I want to go into publishing or journalism yet as I haven't had any work experience. However, I would like to take English Literature (and possibly German) at university.

I was just wondering what kind of things I could do to get a feel for this sector, aside from actual work experience, as I think that maybe starting a blog may be useful but I'm not sure.

I would love to get some ideas and hear about any of your experiences~

Thanks!
I'm looking into Publishing at uni, it is a possible route if your interested. It's at UAL and it does Publishing and Journalism in one so its worth a look at. The uni was great and you don't need any real experience for this course just A Levels really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (78)
16.46%
No one else does (142)
29.96%
I'm embarrassed about my background (55)
11.6%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (167)
35.23%
We don't use a video platform (8)
1.69%
I don't have a camera (11)
2.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
2.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed