Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of applying to City's Law Undergraduate course this year.
    I've already took my IELTS exam this summer and I passed with an overall score of 7.0 with 7,5 in listening and reading, 7.0 in speaking and 5.5 in writing; now, I've read on their English Entry Requirements that they accept students with a 7.0 overall IELTS score with a minimum 6.0 in each of the components, so I was wondering if I could try to apply to their university anyway or if there isnt any chance for me to meet their Entry Requirements.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    From the website: IELTS test of the British Council at 6.0 or above with a minimum score of 6.0 in the writing sub-test (6.5 overall with a minimum of 7.0 with no less than 6.0 in each sub-test for Law and Journalism courses)

http://www.city.ac.uk/study/undergra...plying-to-city

It seems as though they put some emphasis on the writing sub-test so if you didn't meet the requirement, it is likely they won't accept you. I'm not sure how IELTS works or how close 5.5 is from a 6.0 though but it is worth sending them an email. I made it to City University after missing the minimum offer so there is a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    From the website: IELTS test of the British Council at 6.0 or above with a minimum score of 6.0 in the writing sub-test (6.5 overall with a minimum of 7.0 with no less than 6.0 in each sub-test for Law and Journalism courses)

http://www.city.ac.uk/study/undergra...plying-to-city

It seems as though they put some emphasis on the writing sub-test so if you didn't meet the requirement, it is likely they won't accept you. I'm not sure how IELTS works or how close 5.5 is from a 6.0 though but it is worth sending them an email. I made it to City University after missing the minimum offer so there is a chance.
    Thank you, I'll send them an email asking for more informations

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to inform everyone who is or will be in my same position that I applied and they sent me an offer anyway!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. City, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.