Turn on thread page Beta

GSK Future Leaders Scheme Application 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I just wondered for those applying to GSK grad scheme this year, how is everyone finding the application process?

*Btw I'm new to Student Room, in case I have placed this in the wrong area :L

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what area have you applied for? Ive applied for regulatory affairs. I have found the application process to be ok so far, but i was worried about my logical reasoning test because it was quite quick.

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to Communication and Government Affairs I put RA as my second preference as it said I could put one

I didn't have to complete a logical reasoning test, but I found both my numerical and verbal reasoning tests to be really short and quick! Not sure if that's a good or bad thing

Have you heard anything about whether you've passed the online tests?

ReputationRep:
    I didnt have to do a verbal reasoning test but my numerical was definitely longer than my logical one. it let me move on to the motivational questions but I think that may just be automatic. When I submitted my application they said the online tests would be reviewed but that was about 2 weeks ago.

Are you waiting to hear back about being invited to do a video interview?

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from GSK today asking me to clarify my pre-University education as they were reviewing my application. Shall see what happens!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm also applying for RA and still waiting to hear back for a video interview...has anyone heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    I've been invited to a video interview although I have a laptop that crashes all the time, so this is going to be interesting :/ is anyone else through to the video interview stage? I have no idea how to prepare for this, I am guessing it's like any other interview haha :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just completed motivational questions section for GSK graduate scheme - Manufacturing Science - Microbiology. Really worried about these tests, not sure if it was a good thing that they went through so quick...

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I've applied for the Drug discovery branch, just wondering if anyone has heard back yet? I sent off my application nearly 3 weeks ago and still nothing!

I hate the waiting game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amygdala094)
    I've been invited to a video interview although I have a laptop that crashes all the time, so this is going to be interesting :/ is anyone else through to the video interview stage? I have no idea how to prepare for this, I am guessing it's like any other interview haha :/
    Have you had the interview yet?

Is so, How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinysaurr;[url="tel:68473908")
    68473908[/url]]Have you had the interview yet?

Is so, How did it go?
    Yes, I took the interview last night I'm really not sure how it went though :/ I've never done a video interview before or been timed in an interview, which I think is definitely more challenging
    Also it's weird doing an interview in your own house haha

Fingers crossed anyway!

Where are you in the application stage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amygdala094)
    Yes, I took the interview last night I'm really not sure how it went though :/ I've never done a video interview before or been timed in an interview, which I think is definitely more challenging
    Also it's weird doing an interview in your own house haha

Fingers crossed anyway!

Where are you in the application stage?
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

I've done the tests and the motivational question and my application has pretty much be silent after that!

How long did it take for them to get in touch with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinysaurr;[url="tel:68474196")
    68474196[/url]]I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

I've done the tests and the motivational question and my application has pretty much be silent after that!

How long did it take for them to get in touch with you?
    Thanks!

I took ages to complete the motivational questions and then submitted them on the Thursday and heard back on Monday. But I have heard it can differ between programmes, so I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard back for a while! Hearing back from my initial application for online tests took a lot longer. I hope you hear back soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

ReputationRep:
    Gsk have finally got back to me snd ive bern invited to do a video interview. does anyone know how long we have to do it bevause there was no indication in my email

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've been asked to do an interview as well for the RA part of GSK. Does anyone know what type of questions they would ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayton)
    Hi I've been asked to do an interview as well for the RA part of GSK. Does anyone know what type of questions they would ask?
    Hi, have you done it yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjenn)
    Hi, have you done it yet?
    Yeah I completed it yesterday. You have roughly 72hrs to complete it. Mine went so bad so I don't hold out any hope that I'll be processed any further 🙈.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I completed it yesterday. You have roughly 72hrs to complete it. Mine went so bad so I don't hold out any hope that I'll be processed any further 🙈.
    Why?? What did they ask you? I have to do it today and I am so nervous about it..

ReputationRep:
    I did mine yesterday too, I phoned them to ask about the deadline. It was my first video interview so considering that it was ok ish, I felt really nervous and awkward at the beginning

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been invited to an assessment center for RA yet? I received an email from GSK yesterday morning saying that they will be in contact shortly (by the end of the day) about the outcome of my video interview, but I haven't heard from them since then.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.