Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would like to pursue a career in pharmacy but in Uni they would like a B in English language GCSE but i only got a C however i did get an A* in english lit would unis still accept me?

ReputationRep:
    Which Uni?

If you check the following MPharm courses .... Portsmouth wants C, Lincoln wants C, Liverpool John Moores wants C, Wolverhampton wants C, Huddersfield wants C. That 5 choices for a start.

And of course you could also simply retake English GCSE this year alongside your A levels etc - just ask your school, then add it as a retake on your UCAS application.

And if you are talking about A* A levels, no this doesn't 'bump up' inadequate GCSEs. If a Uni says they want GCSEs at B that IS what they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Which Uni?

If you check the following MPharm courses .... Portsmouth wants C, Lincoln wants C, Liverpool John Moores wants C, Wolverhampton wants C, Huddersfield wants C. That 5 choices for a start.

And of course you could also simply retake English GCSE this year alongside your A levels etc - just ask your school, then add it as a retake on your UCAS application.

And if you are talking about A* A levels, no this doesn't 'bump up' inadequate GCSEs. If a Uni says they want GCSEs at B that IS what they want.
    Maybe Aston, Birmingham, manchester

ReputationRep:
    Looooooool!
    How does one get an A* in lit and a C in Language?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucky10)
    Maybe Aston, Birmingham, manchester
    A degree in Pharmacy is vocationally focussed. If the degree is accredited by the GPC then it is worth exactly the same as any other MPharm in employers eyes (see https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/e...mpharm-degrees).

Do not fall into the trap of thinking that a Uni that asks for higher grades is 'better'. It isnt. Go and have a look at Unis like those I listed before you assume that you are somehow 'too good' to apply there.

Or retake that GCSE.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.