Turn on thread page Beta

Is Sainsbury's strict about hair colour? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I recently was successful during the application process for Sainsbury's. they have emailed me asking for an interview, however, I have blue hair. I know the dress code for Sainsbury's and have no issues with it, but am unsure about hair colour. I don't see the point of going for an interview if I'll be turned away due to it. Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by erannn)
    Hi, I recently was successful during the application process for Sainsbury's. they have emailed me asking for an interview, however, I have blue hair. I know the dress code for Sainsbury's and have no issues with it, but am unsure about hair colour. I don't see the point of going for an interview if I'll be turned away due to it. Thanks
    There's conflicting information about this online. Generally, it seems they like their workers to keep long hair tied up and all hair of natural colour. That being said, in stores I've been in I have seen employees with unnatural hair colours. It's worth going to interview just in case, because you'll still get the experience, and they should let you know then whether it will be an issue or not

ReputationRep:
    we had a blue-haired employee when I was there and I don't recall anyone saying there were any problems with it...

ReputationRep:
    Rules change a few months backs. Doesnt matter what hair colour with have .

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babydoll1)
    Rules change a few months backs. Doesnt matter what hair colour with have .
    Really? That's great, although I haven't been able to find anything about it changing. What is your source? Thank you for replying

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can have any colour hair you want. Your blue hair is fine.

It was a change announced internally so you won't find anywhere that states the change in policy.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.