The Student Room Group

UCAS Plagiarism?

Hi,

Basically me and my friend are totally freaking out. We are applying for the same course at university and are worried that our personal statements are too similar despite writing them separately. We have both written them in a chronological order by which the events occur.

Basically we have both:

-Played national volleyball
-Undertaken the same work experience scheme at large firm
-Work together as waiters at the local pub
-Same group for young enterprise scheme so have spoken about the product which we sold

Should i contact UCAS to inform?
(edited 7 years ago)
Or am I being paranoid
I remember someone saying that you can check the plagiarism on UCAS somehow, I don't remember where though. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. Plagiarism systems pick up on whether you use exactly the same words in a paragraph, not whether you talk about the same stuff. AI isn't that smart yet.
bump
When you submit your application, a similarity report is made on your Personal Statement. As you wrote them independently, I wouldn't worry unless that flags something. If it does, I'd contact UCAS.
i know mine is going to come up flagged but that's because i used a quote so it should be cool
Original post by citibankrec
Or am I being paranoid

Yes, you are being paranoid. Many 18 year olds have the same experiences, especially if they went to the same school and are applying for the same subject. Did you copy each other's ps? If the answer is no, then you will be fine. There are human beings who check over plagiarised statements when they are flagged up, so they will see what the situation is.
bump
Original post by citibankrec
bump

There is nothing more to add. You have had your answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending