Turn on thread page Beta

I've got a business idea, need peoples opinions!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR

So I have had this idea for a long time essentially it is offering one location to get your hearing, sight and teeth in location instead of going to your opticians in one location your dentist in another location and your hearing at the hospital or private

What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    I mean it's a pretty good idea but I feel like it already exists. Some brands like Specsavers and Boots already offer hearing and eye tests in the same location, and a lot of NHS hospitals or clinics have all of these departments in one place.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Miser101)
    Hi TSR

So I have had this idea for a long time essentially it is offering one location to get your hearing, sight and teeth in location instead of going to your opticians in one location your dentist in another location and your hearing at the hospital or private

What do you guys think?
    Dentist appointments are usually every 6 months
    Eye tests every 2 years
    Hearing tests

The chances of all 3 falling at the same time in a way that would make the co-location convenient for the patient is pretty slim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LamantChenille)
    I mean it's a pretty good idea but I feel like it already exists. Some brands like Specsavers and Boots already offer hearing and eye tests in the same location, and a lot of NHS hospitals or clinics have all of these departments in one place.
    Yes boots and specsavers do offer this but no dental services, adding a few novel procedures to the dental/hearing/opticians or having something more unique than a single location would definitely make this a good idea and if it did catch on I think others may just copy a few of these ideas since you can't patent a unique service

Either way I'm still in my first year of uni doing audiology so I've still got a few years to make some ground on this idea and see if its feasible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Dentist appointments are usually every 6 months
    Eye tests every 2 years
    Hearing tests

The chances of all 3 falling at the same time in a way that would make the co-location convenient for the patient is pretty slim
    That is a very valid point indeed thanks. What I need to think about is a unique patient experience that will keep people coming for hearing, eyes and teeth

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.