Turn on thread page Beta

what was your most shameful/miscalculated impulse buy? watch

ReputationRep:
    last night I got very high and saw a youtube video of this kid doing some cool tricks on his hoverboard/swegway. then I saw that another person in a similar video had attached a chair to his one and he had essentially created a go kart with it. I thought "woaaahhh!! that's so cool!" and within about 15 minutes I had purchased one myself. then I woke up the next morning with a face like this when I remembered what I had just blown £200~ on:

but then I remembered how super cool hoverboards are and then I was like...

what about you guys?
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I bought a £700 monitor. I returned it but I had mixed feelings about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    I bought a £700 monitor. I returned it but I had mixed feelings about it.
    my friend bought a £600 phone and VR headset - I don't even think he's used it very much.
    on another note, I once bought a £200 BMX and thought I'd be super cool cruising around on it, but then I realise how horrific BMX bikes are to pedal up any kind of incline without the gears

ReputationRep:
    i spent £3 on some onion rings, ABSOLUTE MADMAN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    i spent £3 on some onion rings, ABSOLUTE MADMAN
    I gave my friends my 40p lemonade mixer and a few cigarettes a few years ago and then told them to top me up next time I'm out buying mixers/cigs - now they still call me by my surname + "stein" on the end (hopefully I don't have to explain the meaning of that joke)

not really an impulse buy but one hell of an impulse giveaway

ReputationRep:
    close to £300 on a bag that I've only used twice
    bought it several years ago when I was young and stupid

ReputationRep:
    I bought a PSP pre-order and never used it haha #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    I've been broke all my life. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I spent £56 on a ****ing lipstick.

ReputationRep:
    $300 on an electric guitar. I thought it would be fun to learn, and it was; for the two weeks that it held my interest. Now it's gathering dust. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    last night I got very high and saw a youtube video of this kid doing some cool tricks on his hoverboard/swegway. then I saw that another person in a similar video had attached a chair to his one and he had essentially created a go kart with it. I thought "woaaahhh!! that's so cool!" and within about 15 minutes I had purchased one myself. then I woke up the next morning with a face like this when I remembered what I had just blown £200~ on:

but then I remembered how super cool hoverboards are and then I was like...

what about you guys?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spent £50 on a makeup primer because it had gold flakes in it...

ReputationRep:
    Buying clothes that don't suit me or even fit me after trying them on, just because I like them and wish they did.

And also things that are to small for me because their the size I want to be. If I lose weight I'll have a whole wardrobe of out of date fashion to wear.

Normally, I plan my more expensive purchases so I don't really regret any of them. I do regret food though, I feel like whenever I get food from somewhere, I always prefer the look of someone else's rather than mine.

At times it can get quite troubling. :sigh:

Actually now that I think about it, I bought a satchel from the Cambridge Satchel Company, and I hardly ever use it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamaragymnast)
    Buying clothes that don't suit me or even fit me after trying them on, just because I like them and wish they did.

And also things that are to small for me because their the size I want to be. If I lose weight I'll have a whole wardrobe of out of date fashion to wear.
    I can relate a lot to that - I used to buy clothes a lot and if it looked good on some handsome abercrombie model or something I'd think it'd look equally good on me...a lot of money has been wasted from that impression :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    I can relate a lot to that - I used to buy clothes a lot and if it looked good on some handsome abercrombie model or something I'd think it'd look equally good on me...a lot of money has been wasted from that impression :lol:
    Wishful thinking. But I can't stop myself.

ReputationRep:
    When I spent £95.00 on perfume. I usually purchase cheaper perfumes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.