Turn on thread page Beta

Car accident today - do I need to alert police? watch

ReputationRep:
    Long story short. Pulled out from side of the road straight into the side of another car, nothing major just dents on the passenger and back door of the car crashed into and driver wasn't injured, just shaken.

Exchanged insurance details and sent an email off to my insurance company detailing it.

Is this the end of it on my part or do I need to do anything else like alert the police? I've seen this mentioned but I'm not sure this is relevant for me as nothing else was damaged, nobody else was hurt etc.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I believe you only need to report it to the police if someone was injured, or if the other party didn't stop, or if you didn't exchange details.

ReputationRep:
    If you have exchanged details you do not need to notify the police.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-insurance...in-an-accident

If you were killed you would not need to notify the police yourself, but you would be required to get someone to do this on your behalf.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    If you were killed you would not need to notify the police yourself, but you would be required to get someone to do this on your behalf.
    I can't tell whether that is a joke or not...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.