Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I'm helping my partner apply for university and the UCAS form does't have an option that fits for residency. The options are black and white. Basically he has lived in Scotland his whole life then moved to Wales a year and a half ago to live with me whilst I finish my PhD. He owns property back home and has claimed fees from SAAS when he did a year at college. He is now applying for an UG engineering degree in Wales and it is unclear what option to put as he has not lived for three years in one country. It is also unclear if he is eligible for SAAS support or SFW. Some advice would be great as we have asked some admissions people and UCAS who have yet to give a clear answer.

    Thank you!

    I'm in a similarly confusing position. I put "other" for my residential category and put area of permanent residence as the house that my family own, even though I have never lived there. My disclaimer is that I have no idea either, but it seems the most logical thing.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.