The Student Room Group

Looks matter....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamza772000
No, I never said it's tingtox, he can never talk this much sense :lol:

Bro i had a feeling you would be on this thread (evil salafi)
Original post by User1212
Bro i had a feeling you would be on this thread (evil salafi)
Haha, lool what kind of post did u think i'd make? :tongue:
Haha, lool what kind of post did u think i'd make? :tongue:

I was expecting you to rate his looks :tongue:

I'd say lower your gaze lol :smile:
I was expecting you to rate his looks :tongue:

I'd say lower your gaze lol :smile:
oh but he hasnt posted a pic :P

lol
oh but he hasnt posted a pic :P

lol

That's what i mean, if he did you would lol
Besharam :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
That's what i mean, if he did you would lol
Besharam :tongue:
lol I wont! coz if u dont say 10 u might upset them :P
lol I wont! coz if u dont say 10 u might upset them :P

Lol yeah
Lol yeah
how u been? lol
Reply 28
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
And, men aren't?

Men don't really care about height but most men can't afford to be picky or they will die alone
Original post by al_94
Men don't really care about height but most men can't afford to be picky or they will die alone

They're just as shallow, mate :h:
how u been? lol

Good bro, i'm no longer an ex muslim :smile: that was just stupidity on my part.
Reply 31
Pfft its ok for men. if you are not attractive you can just become rich instead
Good bro, i'm no longer an ex muslim :smile: that was just stupidity on my part.
really? what happened?
really? what happened?

I realised how pathetic my reason for rejecting islam in the first place was.
I realised how pathetic my reason for rejecting islam in the first place was.
u being fr? or is it so u dont get banned :lol:
u being fr? or is it so u dont get banned :lol:

For real, and me getting banned was 100% deserved for being an arse.
For real, and me getting banned was 100% deserved for being an arse.
Either ur some1 else or ur lying lmao :colonhash: Im not stupid :tongue:
looks matter but imagine if you were a 10/10 stud who was, say, autistic - do you honestly think that looks would be able to prevent that from turning off girls? looks are a massively important feature for a person in attracting the opposite sex, but it's only the first hurdle - the second hurdle is making them laugh and turning them on with smooth flirting. mutual interests are obviously important as well if you're going more for long term and not a one night stand.

to answer your problems directly OP, I too kind of have a "bad hairline" which I've had since I was born - it looks like I'm receding but I'm not at all. but I spend *ages*, hours even, over the course of days sometimes, getting my hairstyle right - it's a short back and sides long-on-top undercut style that I happen to think makes me look as good as I can look head-up. I'm also a total stick - my arms are really thin. I'm currently trying to go to the gym every day and eat a huge amount of food, protein and supplements like creatine. I only do this now because I realise that my friend with quite an average face is pretty successful with the girls on nights out because he is hench af. he's also quite short, but I'm shorter than him even! but I still do what I can with what I've got - out of all my close friends this year at uni, one has pulled 2 girls, and my other friends have pulled at least one. I have got incredibly close to pulling on two separate occasions (imagine my frustration) but I look at each unsuccessful night out as a learning experience - each time I get myself out there and putting myself in *very* uncomfortable situations (i.e. approaching random girls) I get more and more experience as to what to expect and what I learn doesn't generally work. I'm 23 and I've been learning ever since I was about 18 (I was pretty much a late starter - I was never that kind of guy as a teen, but my best friend was - he was pretty handsome though, and tall). being good with girls comes naturally to some. to others, it's something you have to almost study and plan. I'm basically in the latter camp - I'm a short skinny guy who tries to use his personality, clothes (and hairstyle, lol) to maximise his appeal, and generally, while I find that my height is quite a hindrance, it's not something that will completely disqualify me - it's best to absolutely ****ing flaunt every other good feature if you happen to have bad ones. for instance, I use very expensive colognes and always make sure I've got good dental hygiene (I ever used to bleach my teeth). it's little things like that that can carry you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
There are so many dating coaches out there ..on youtube etc and people everywhere saying looks dont matter .... however the truth is they do i was always a good looking guy some girls were into me when ibwas at uni however since last 2 years my hair has started thinning genetic hairloss is catching up to me and i can tell u my dating life has sucked the balding hasnt damaged my confidence in any way but girls are no longer physically attracted to me they seem more interested in what i do or what i drive my dating life has sucked plus im not very tall 5foot9 so yeah whoever says looks dont matter to women is a liar .... lads take care of ureself skin hair body as much as possible.

the irony in what you're saying. yeh stop caring about what others think of yeh and yeh start caring about how much yeh like other people. you'll get there.
Damnn i can relate to u so much ... how tall r u btw??
Original post by sleepysnooze
looks matter but imagine if you were a 10/10 stud who was, say, autistic - do you honestly think that looks would be able to prevent that from turning off girls? looks are a massively important feature for a person in attracting the opposite sex, but it's only the first hurdle - the second hurdle is making them laugh and turning them on with smooth flirting. mutual interests are obviously important as well if you're going more for long term and not a one night stand.

to answer your problems directly OP, I too kind of have a "bad hairline" which I've had since I was born - it looks like I'm receding but I'm not at all. but I spend *ages*, hours even, over the course of days sometimes, getting my hairstyle right - it's a short back and sides long-on-top undercut style that I happen to think makes me look as good as I can look head-up. I'm also a total stick - my arms are really thin. I'm currently trying to go to the gym every day and eat a huge amount of food, protein and supplements like creatine. I only do this now because I realise that my friend with quite an average face is pretty successful with the girls on nights out because he is hench af. he's also quite short, but I'm shorter than him even! but I still do what I can with what I've got - out of all my close friends this year at uni, one has pulled 2 girls, and my other friends have pulled at least one. I have got incredibly close to pulling on two separate occasions (imagine my frustration) but I look at each unsuccessful night out as a learning experience - each time I get myself out there and putting myself in *very* uncomfortable situations (i.e. approaching random girls) I get more and more experience as to what to expect and what I learn doesn't generally work. I'm 23 and I've been learning ever since I was about 18 (I was pretty much a late starter - I was never that kind of guy as a teen, but my best friend was - he was pretty handsome though, and tall). being good with girls comes naturally to some. to others, it's something you have to almost study and plan. I'm basically in the latter camp - I'm a short skinny guy who tries to use his personality, clothes (and hairstyle, lol) to maximise his appeal, and generally, while I find that my height is quite a hindrance, it's not something that will completely disqualify me - it's best to absolutely ****ing flaunt every other good feature if you happen to have bad ones. for instance, I use very expensive colognes and always make sure I've got good dental hygiene (I ever used to bleach my teeth). it's little things like that that can carry you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending