Turn on thread page Beta

My friends said I should go into modelling...but I think I'm ugly af. watch

ReputationRep:
    Little backstory:
    I was out with some friends today and we were buying a present for a friend but didn't know what to get her, so we took pictures and sent them. When taking pictures I kinda 'posed' with the stuff as a joke and my friends said "You've definitely thought about being a model", so I say "Yeah but who hasn't?". So they asked why I've never gone for it and I told them its because I dont have the looks and they all disagreed.

Personally, I think I'm a 5/10 or a 6/10. I have a very unsymmetrical face and my jaw is kinda skewered to the left, it looks really weird.

Now this isnt me fishing for compliments or anything, but why is it that we view ourselves much less than other people do?

ReputationRep:
    Post a picture if you want? Or PM?

I think how we see ourselves in a mirror or camera is different to how others see us! #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hackerman)
    but why is it that we view ourselves much less than other people do?
    We notice a lot more about ourselves than other people do so we're like "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS ONE BAD THING THAT IS BAD THAT SHOULDN'T BE THERE" whereas everybody else is like "M8 THAT BIT DOESN'T MATTER THE WHOLE OF YOU IS RLLY GOOD" because usually the whole is pretty good when somebody's only thing to whine about is their slightly skewered jaw.

ReputationRep:
    Little backstory:
    I was out with some friends today and we were buying a present for a friend but didn't know what to get her, so we took pictures and sent them. When taking pictures I kinda 'posed' with the stuff as a joke and my friends said "You've definitely thought about being a model", so I say "Yeah but who hasn't?". So they asked why I've never gone for it and I told them its because I dont have the looks and they all disagreed.

Personally, I think I'm a 5/10 or a 6/10. I have a very unsymmetrical face and my jaw is kinda skewered to the left, it looks really weird.

Now this isnt me fishing for compliments or anything, but why is it that we view ourselves much less than other people do?
    Most people see them selves as ugly as, so do I anyway and I imagine most people would anyway
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah, sure you do...

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of ugly models around, who do you think they get to do the Before photos for make up, diets and plastic surgery?

ReputationRep:
    Thats what all pretty people say...

and probably because we are stuck with the same face for all our lives..unless you have plastic surgery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OvergrownMoose)
    Post a picture if you want? Or PM?

I think how we see ourselves in a mirror or camera is different to how others see us! #Moooose
    Boom. Thats my exact problem, dude. When looking in the mirror, I'm like "you know what, I'm not that bad". But in pictures we get completely flipped. It makes me think - whenever I look in the mirror thinking that I dont look that bad, people are going to see the exact opposite of me, which is the bad looking one. See what I'm getting at? So we're basically never that 'not bad looking' person.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it a compliment to say that you could go into modelling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    Why is it a compliment to say that you could go into modelling?
    Its not, buddy. Just didn't want it to sound like "I'm ugly, pls tell me I'm not.".

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, your friends meant you should make little plastic aeroplanes and ships rather than be photographed.

ReputationRep:
    Boom. Thats my exact problem, dude. When looking in the mirror, I'm like "you know what, I'm not that bad". But in pictures we get completely flipped. It makes me think - whenever I look in the mirror thinking that I dont look that bad, people are going to see the exact opposite of me, which is the bad looking one. See what I'm getting at? So we're basically never that 'not bad looking' person.
    It's an illusion. You are not used to seeing yourself from that perspective so you immediately pick up on all your flaws etc. because you are not used to seeing them from that perspective.

ReputationRep:
    Post a pic and I'll let you know if she was right or not

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.